Big Bens non Clio

Having taken the car for an early morning hoon today I've got to say how happy I am with new tyres.

Gold wheels look nice etc but their real purpose is to carry my new rubber!

225/45/17 Yokohama AD08R. Much much better than my wearing GY F1's. To be expected though

Have booked on at Snetterton for Monday 6th March. Can't wait:grinning:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Great to hear Ben. Bet the difference is hugely noticeable :smile:

You on stock suspenders ? Whats the plan long-term.........

Great to hear Ben. Bet the difference is hugely noticeable :smile:

You on stock suspenders ? Whats the plan long-term.........
Quite excited over the tyres to be honest. Think the extra width and tyre tread will be really good on a race track

Standard full fat setup at the minute. Waiting for it to break but it won't:smiley:

I'm going to get B14's as soon as possible. Seem a good compromise between track and road judging by other people's comments. Really want to get them on before end of summer but we'll see...

The wheels look really good Ben, and great to hear you're so happy with the tyres as well! The trackday will be a fun way to 'scrub' them in :wink:

@Big Ben

Not sure if you saw the thread very recently about standard size 215/45/17 rubber Versus 225 /45/17.

General feeling kinda was in the most part: fitting 225's was not a problem (No rubbage) and that extra rubber on the road was a good thing.

A couple of others commented that the ride quality was better with the wider rubber And that got countered with - "....the sidewalls are slightly higher so while ride may be better - the handling might be compromised".

Have you had a few runs in the beast since wheel and new tyre-fitting ? Whats your thought on the above bud ?

I have only had one decent run on Sunday but I'll give you my early opinions mate.

No rubbing on arches so that's a good start @sevenfourate. Different offset to standard wheels though.

Pros: More Grip
Better Stance
Tyre overhangs rim slightly so protects alloy
Cheaper than 215's

Jury's out: Improved ride quality
Stress on suspension/drivetrain

Cons: My roof line has gone up a few mm
Speedo 2-3mph slow

Will know more after a few more miles and trackday coming up.

Hope that helps

I have only had one decent run on Sunday but I'll give you my early opinions mate.

No rubbing on arches so that's a good start @sevenfourate. Different offset to standard wheels though.

Pros: More Grip
Better Stance
Tyre overhangs rim slightly so protects alloy
Cheaper than 215's

Jury's out: Improved ride quality
Stress on suspension/drivetrain

Cons: My roof line has gone up a few mm
Speedo 2-3mph slow

Will know more after a few more miles and trackday coming up.

Hope that helps

Thanks very much Ben.

Yes keep me updated if you would. Love to hear any more thoughts........... :smile: