Best Speaker & Sub Upgrade?

We have just purchased a shiny 56 Clio 197, and it is a sheer joy to just drive around with the speed and the luxury, but coming from a previous car with a subwoofer, the lack of a sub in this car, as well as the speakers that dont pump out much bass, its time for a change.

We are going to get the work professionally done (dont fancy ripping up carpets with this beauty) but wonder the best:

1) Sub & amp
2) Speakers & tweeters

We have already sourced an Alpine Head Unit that comes with the stalks from another guy off this forum, but its the speakers & sub we need now

Anything that is the best that you guys can recommend?

Bump!

Anybody? Really need to order the speakers & tweeters, but not sure which ones are good and which ones to avoid

you can get some replacement pioneers for the front, there a direct replacement.

I quite like focal or hertz components.
I have a rainbow Hammer subwoofer which for the musically apreciative of us is a very very nice sub indeed not for a bad price (speak will cost you about £170).

How much did the Pioneer speaker/tweeter system cost you MASA?

Had a look at some of the other ones that have been suggested, but these Pioneer speakers look immense! 8)

You need to state budget to get helpful answers. Are you after out and out sound quality or are you into pure bass.

Give me an idea on what you want to spend and I can give you a few ideas...

Well we have already bought the Alpine head unit, and already have a Pioneer 1300watt sub from our other car.

All that is left to buy now is speakers front & back, Amp.

Not sure what sort of budget, as an Amp will soak up most of my cash.
If I had a budget of around £300ish, would that buy me what I need?

I dont use direct replacement because clio's door speaker mount is so weak that it vibrates easily with deep bass.Tweeters at the standard locations, you are listening to the reflection from the front window glass (opposite phase sound), I wand to listen to the direct sound from them.

My way is a little maniac? It costs some expensive compared with direct replacement and most part is installation fee.

Masa - definitely agree on tweeter locations. I am trying mine in the a pillars to lift them above instrument cowl, so the drivers tweeter will not be blocked for the passenger.

I always try and go for silk tweeters too, as I like the smoother highs. I've had DLS speakers before which were amazing in this respect. This time I have gone with CDT speakers as they are supposed to be slightly punchier in the mid range.

Can I ask where you got the mid mounting rings from? Are they off the shelf or custom made? Im after something similar, as I too think the standard mounting system is rubbish!

Antony

Hi,Antony

I think we have same preference for car audio !!
I also like silk tweeters and soft highs. I am using HERTZ 2way speakers in my EOS and S40 which have silk tw and softer than Pioneer.

The mid mounting rings are custom made from birch wood and MDF.
With this ring and door panel deadening, I dont need sub anymore.

Just watch when u get the sub in mate they have to go through the bulk head and it results in the car windows steaming up a wee bit

Hi,Antony

I think we have same preference for car audio !!
I also like silk tweeters and soft highs. I am using HERTZ 2way speakers in my EOS and S40 which have silk tw and softer than Pioneer.

The mid mounting rings are custom made from birch wood and MDF.
With this ring and door panel deadening, I dont need sub anymore.

Gonna have to knock some mounts up for mine when I get a chance. Cheers Masa

Just watch when u get the sub in mate they have to go through the bulk head and it results in the car windows steaming up a wee bit

? I have my power cable running through the bulkhead. The hole is the exact size for the grommet Ive fitted, and the grommet is the exact size for the power wire, so is pretty much sealed. Cant see that this would have any effect?