Another gearbox on it's last legs?

Today my gearbox has developed the crunching problem changing up from 2nd to 3rd. Car is a 60 reg 200 on just over 18K miles. Is this likely to mean a gearbox replacement under warranty from Renault?

lol I can't believe that. It's either gearbox or steering rack! Typical right?

Yes mate, take it to a dealer ASAP!

Got the 3 and 4 crunch today! Going to a dealer on Tuesday and was replaced under warranty last july. It is now out of warranty :worried:

Got the 3 and 4 crunch today! Going to a dealer on Tuesday and was replaced under warranty last july. It is now out of warranty :worried:

Your gearbox should still be under warranty as they're warranted for 12 months aren't they?

Your gearbox should still be under warranty as they're warranted for 12 months aren't they?

We shall see on Tuesday booked into a stealer! I will also be give RUK a call on monday and see what they have to say. The box is under a year old which was replaced last July and warranty only expired last month. To say I am pissed off is an understatement! Partially annoyed with myself that I didn't extend my warranty....

Renault will probably offer to pay 60% of the cost. If I can remember it is about £1200 for a new box so about £480 for you to pay !

no its £2200 for the box! it was £1200 on the system as it included a discount that came up when james put the part number in.

I just picked mine up from getting a new gearbox , Clutch & Clutch Master Cylinder yesterday and the total including labour came to just over £2,800

I had been discussing with RUK and they paid 60% ..... but still a hefty bill for something which is a fundamental design fault.

A gearbox is for life ... not just for christmas.

I just picked mine up from getting a new gearbox , Clutch & Clutch Master Cylinder.

Just to say for anyone reading this the gearbox comes with a clutch master cylinder form renault.

clutch should be changed for good practice. a clutch is circa £240 retail and £130 trade.