AG 200 Stolen

Sounds like a fairly typical performance from the police, useless when you need them.

From what I understand it's fairly common practice for thieves to steal a car and then dump it somewhere. They then wait and see if someone comes and gets it, if not it's clear of trackers and they pop back and take it again.

Stupidly though I don't think a AG 200 is the kind of car you can leave around without it being noticed by just about anyone with vision, it's no grey audi.

Yeah I think the colour of the car has actually worked in my favour. I'll be having a telescopic bollard installed on my driveway soon as well, just an extra deterrent. I'd plump for CCTV if I had the cash

Gutted for you mate.

Regarding cat D. It would only be classed as that if your insurance company paid out on it.. But then if you took a pay out on it it wouldn't be your car or worry anymore.

I.e... Car nicked and not found. Insurance pays you 10k and that's it, done with.. Car is then found (but the insurance company now own it) so they put it up for sale (to recover some of their losses) but at this points it becomes a cat D. As it was stolen (paid out) then recovered.

Yeah I think the colour of the car has actually worked in my favour. I'll be having a telescopic bollard installed on my driveway soon as well, just an extra deterrent. I'd plump for CCTV if I had the cash

Good idea, anything to make it look more hassle than its worth.

Always makes me sad reading things like this but heres a positive to it...your head wasn't caved in whilst you were sleeping!

My keys go on my bedside cabinet so theyd have to murder me on the way to them next to the bed in the corner of my room...will probably buy a large bat or get a knife after reading your story, scary to think someones wandering round your house as you sleep. **** scary!

To be honest Ross that's the reason I don't take my keys to bed. If someone manages to break into my house whilst I'm asleep as they did on Friday I'd sooner they took the keys and got off without me knowing as opposed to waking up with a knife to my throat or ending up in a potentially fatal confrontation.

yeh your totally right, its only a car at the end of the day.
Do you have any idea how they broke in yet, no smashed windows or anything obvious?
Makes you sick really, some real scumbags around although it does sound like a 1/2 pro job, like said above they were waiting to see if it had a tracker but yeh...alien green hardly "blends in" does it lol.

They broke in through my front door mate. I bought a new build house and the front door locked in the inside by lifting the handle up to activate the deadlock and then rotating a knob on the locking barrel round to a lock position. The locksmith who came to replace all my door locks said they'll have used something through the letterbox to knock the rotating knob on the barrel round to the unlock position and then used a bar of some kind through the letterbox to push the handle down to release the deadlock and open the door. I've had a different locking barrel put on the door now so the only way in would be to physically smash the door in

Just had a visit from the officer who recovered my car. He and his partner were parked up about a 5 minute drive from my house when they saw my car come round a bend by an industrial estate pretty quickly. It wasn't sideways he said but the colour caught his eye and he took a good look at the driver as he went past.

My car went past with two lads, early 20's he thought, and he said because the colour of the car caught his eye and because it was 3 in the morning he pulled out to follow it. At that point he said the driver booted it and was off. He said they were doing 60 odd on 30 roads in the police car but were just chasing smoke, noise and the occasional flash of brake light.

They found the car parked up with the window down in a quiet cul de sac by some high rises but there was no sign of the lads. He asked what engine was in the car because he couldn't believe how quick they got away. By the sounds of it I was extremely lucky my car happened to go past a parked up armed response car at 3 in the morning and it sounds as though they haven't had it for more than 15-20 minutes before it was recovered.

Given the c**ts who stole my car have absolutely thrashed it to get away from the police I'm worried my CHECK ABS and CHECK ESP lights are indications of serious mechanical damage. Dreading what Renault will find on Thursday when the car is looked over and the locks changed

To be fair I would put the faults down to a battery issue or they fact the car was trailered away. Most 200 are driven like you have mentioned above on a day to day basis (track days :wink: ) and unless there is no obvious signs of damage I would try not to worry to much. I hope you get everything sorted.

Sorry this has all happened but glad you've got your car back.

As has been said above, your car won't be classed as a cat D car if your not claimng on the insurance, it's the insurance companies who write them off and categorise them not the police.

I would imagine the police have taken it off their stolen list knowing you've got it back but i'd check if i were you.

When you think about it someone has to pay the recovery company for recoveing the car, if the insurance company are not involved then that unfortunalty comes down to the owner of the car. probably a small price to pay for getting your pride and joy back.