ca7e9c60.jpg

bca3359d.jpg

The akropovic system

fba99361.jpg

90f776e1.jpg

:smile:

f6f3bb97.jpg

6250ca76.jpg

The new akropovic is a very expensive system but admittedly in my personal opinion it is everything you would want your exhaust to be. The tips look great. It's lighter and the noise is perfect. Quiet on idle and can be driven quietly around town but when you put your foot down it sounds really nice and compliments the car very well. Spot on :smile:

Love the zaust (I would though lol). The CF tips looks so good (I wasnt too keen on them when they were shown on the Akra youtube video) but have grown on me no end since I got mine.

Gotta agree on the big weight difference. It aint too big a diference but the its was enough that I could carry the box when i had the Akra system in it, when they put my standard system in the same box I couldnt lift it myself.

Sounds awesome when "giving it some" to.

Car is looking awesome mate, no expense spared!

What issues did you have with the K-tec system that made you switch to the Akro?

Cheers for comments guys...
Oz wheels purchased here..good value n great service.
http://www.performancealloys.com/wheel-details.aspx?ID=620
Paid £836 inc vat n delivery.

Edd1e:
The ktec kept moving about,even when double tie wrapped. It kept resonating badly and made my car vibrate like crazy. Paul tried sorting it as did another garage.
Personally i think the fitting design is poor and it needs redesigning.
What really pee'd me off was the fact that ktec fitted it!
They had my car 1 week for this and other work and i find it crazy that they didnt pick the issue up. I did the day after and informed them. Then decided to pay difference for the akro but had to constantly chase up ktec to find out delivery etc. Waited 6 weeks which was nearly 3 weeks over. Then had to cover the cost of having it removed and the akro fitted! Bearing in mind already paid once.
Personally..not the service expected when spending 3k and a returning customer.
Wont rant on but suffice to say i ended up disappointed by lack of customer service.
Shame as mail order wise i cant fault them.....

Thanks for the reply, It's real shame about that service mate, at least they paid the difference for the Akro (rightly so) Not the first person I have heard talking about mount/fitment problems on the Ktec exhaust.

Makes me think its worth paying the extra for the Akropovic / Supersprint.

Thanks for the reply, It's real shame about that service mate, at least they paid the difference for the Akro (rightly so) Not the first person I have heard talking about mount/fitment problems on the Ktec exhaust.

Makes me think its worth paying the extra for the Akropovic / Supersprint.

Nope..i had to pay the difference! If they had i would be singing their praises..as it is im just about holding off what i feel right now...

Had these arrive yesterday...inox kw1s.
IMAG0187.jpg
Looking forward to seeing how they improve the handling over the cup suspension.
Cannit will be fitting then laser alignment locally

Last edited:
Had these arrive yesterday...inox kw1s.
IMAG0187.jpg
Looking forward to seeing how they improve the handling over the cup suspension.
Cannit will be fitting then laser alignment locally

Thought you were going for H&Rs? Kw's don't make it that much lower.

Thought you were going for H&Rs? Kw's don't make it that much lower.

I was..but after looking into it changed my mind. If i lived in a hot climate then h&rs would have been bought. But with our generally ****ty weather and salted roads etc i wasnt sure how long they would last as they are only zinc plated whereas the kws are stainless steel.
True the kws dont lower as much as the h&rs but they go low enough for me handling wise.
Once they are fitted and i track it il know if my change of mind was right or not. Time will tell 8)

Just read the bit about the exhaust! Have had big issues with mine too! cut it, moved it, burnt my diffuser! Think its finally ok now! The last 3 weeks have been fine and sounds perfect. however, looking at your new zorst, wish i had brought one which was properly designed in the first place!

going off this mate i'll definatly be heading down the milltek route as build quality is said to be tip top

Yea my mate has got one on his 197 and it fits well but theres not much noise out of it. It depends what you want really! I love my pops! And now its all worth it!

Similar Thread Suggestions