"a bit old for a boy racer"

Mate your not old! I'm 32 (although I look more like 22 so I get away with it!) the 197 does seem to be a bit of a favourite with the oldies tho, only today I was working on my car in the work car park on my break and an old guy there (well into his 50's, maybe 60's) said how much he was admiring my car the other day and wondering who owns it. He then went onto say that its the best looking car in the car park and he loves the lines of it and thinks the styling is gorgeous! Haha, made me giggle.

Welcome to the site by the way!

:welcome:mate I'm the grandad of the forum like Giles as already said.Your never to old to have a 197.I have have had mine nearly 6 years now but haven't been able to drive it due to a bad accident.All I will say is enjoy it while you can mate

our grandad :biggrin:

Thanks all for the warm welcome and words of encouragement - looking forward to getting involved and working on the car. It lives in the garage most of the time but will post some pics next time we get a sunny weekend! I guess 34 isn't that old after all :tongueout:

34 - I was that age a few years ago. So no not that old.

Only a number.