"a bit old for a boy racer"

Picked up a 2007 197 a couple of months ago and found this forum really usefull when choosing alloy wheel colour (anthracite) and exhaust tips. Not sure if I'm maybe a bit old to be playing with Clio's but it was an itch I had to scratch and the 197 is pretty awesome. A traffic officer said I was "a bit old for a boy racer" when he pulled me over in my Mazda 3 MPS about 4 years ago, not sure what he'd make of me now! This is a great forum, thanks for all the advice so far!

You're never too old!!! :smiley:

Age is a number, I'm 26 legally but I gave up with "growing up" when I got to 20!!! :smiley:

I've met chaps who are retired with 197s so they do seem to attract a wide audience. Welcome.

Theres a woman in her late 60's whose got a Focus RS and another woman of similar age I think with a Liquid yellow Megane. Bonkers!

Welcome btw :tongueout:

:welcome:mate I'm the grandad of the forum like Giles as already said.Your never to old to have a 197.I have have had mine nearly 6 years now but haven't been able to drive it due to a bad accident.All I will say is enjoy it while you can mate

Buy this months Evo and go to the back page... 73 year old lady with an R26.R who does a trackday every week. Superb. :thumbsup:

I like to say you only as old as the woman you feel...

And your never to old for a 200, Roy is suspected to be older than time itself..

There used to be an old couple (easily in their late 60s) driving around here in a 197 a couple years back.

There used to be an old couple (easily in their late 60s) driving around here in a 197 a couple years back.

Same round here Mike an old couple used to have a 197 and he never drove at 30 mph neither

Thanks all for the warm welcome and words of encouragement - looking forward to getting involved and working on the car. It lives in the garage most of the time but will post some pics next time we get a sunny weekend! I guess 34 isn't that old after all :tongueout:

:welcome: to the site.

Buy this months Evo and go to the back page... 73 year old lady with an R26.R who does a trackday every week. Superb. :thumbsup:

I'd seen that, my fear of doing a track day at bedford just got stronger :tongueout:inky:

Welcome to the club, come on wheres the pics youve had a nice sunny weekend