Another manifold bites the dust....

M

Mentalpen

£1132.31 for a new one.

Just settled with Renault getting 85% contribution taking my bill to £169.84.

Only took one call to ruk too.

It was a slight blow on the flexi that sealed when warm but I thought it was better to argue now than in 12 months time.

Mines in being checked at the minute, hopefully it's something else :scared:
Glad you got yours sorted with Renault, was it one they had already replaced?

No, it is the original. I could have asked for more help but couldn't be bothered for an extra £20-50 off.

Parts are on order and available which is refreshing but not getting it done for a couple of weeks as it doesn't suit me to get it done just yet.

I guess living in the sticks doesn't help with the wear due to bumpy roads.

Not fussed if I'm honest, I've often said i would rather nothing went wrong but if it does it's how it's dealt with. One phone call, one call back with a acceptable offer.

Slag Renault all you like but I've always had good experience when it's gone wrong.

Warren JFYI the manifold is £489.04 trade. So vat on top + retail mark up to you.

Renault also gives 5.1hrs for the job.

If you ring ruk they will look into the cars history and your Renault history + ring the garage and see if you are a loyal customer.

They will then negotiate a better labour rate for your payment meaning they in affect give you more %

And last but not least your % is at retail where theirs is around 50% cheaper as it's in house fix.

I can't tell if that's because you're very nice on the phone to them or because you've spent nearly £50k on their products... :wink:

Try nearer £150k on their products :wink:

But that's why I have, every issue I've ever had has been resolved.

Good result, I only wish they had come back with the same percentage offer for my Recaros..

As it stands now my car will be displayed along side some very special Renaults at Autosport International with a ****ed Recaro.. I'm sure they are gonna love that.

Good result, I only wish they had come back with the same percentage offer for my Recaros..

As it stands now my car will be displayed along side some very special Renaults at Autosport International with a ****ed Recaro.. I'm sure they are gonna love that.

I actually blame recaro. The design is flawed ad should have been altered or insisted in an alteration to the material.

But I also Renault for not making recaro make changes.

Reflects badly on both imo

Have you tried to see if recaro will do anything?

great result mate!

Cheers bud

I actually blame recaro. The design is flawed ad should have been altered or insisted in an alteration to the material.

But I also Renault for not making recaro make changes.

Reflects badly on both imo

Have you tried to see if recaro will do anything?

Cheers bud

I've not approached Recaro Si, tbh I was looking forward to the moment one of the Renault guys looks at my car next to a rather special Renault F1 and I show then my seat. :wink:

I've not approached Recaro Si, tbh I was looking forward to the moment one of the Renault guys looks at my car next to a rather special Renault F1 and I show then my seat. :wink:

Perhaps speak to the Renault uk rep for the show?

CS won't really be that bothered if the queen is going in it tbh