Xenon headlight upgrade

Hi everyone,

Abit of advice would be greatly appreciated, I want to purchase some genuine Renault projector headlight units for my car, what will I have to do once iv bought them to get that crystal white light xenon look?? also once they are fitted will they automatically focus up/down when I start the engine and what do I do about cornering lights section of the headlights? will they work too when they are fitted, will it light up corner when I turn the wheel?? Many thanks people :smile:

Cornering lights won't work, and you won't be ale to use actual xenons as you'll need a different loom.

For that look you're after, you'll need HID's (run a google check) and they're fairly easy to self install. Again, they don't auto balance, that's something that comes from the factory install.

i bought projector lights for my clio 200 from karl. then fitted a hid kit which i bought from hid 4 u. the cornering lights system does not work but lights worked fine. they where h1 hid kit am sure i needed to buy. made a big difference.

on the projector headlight side are they a straight swap then, and is there no problems with the mot centres over the cornering lights not working i want to change mine and understand that the bumper needs to come off but only want to do it once

also can the lights be used from a none rs model

I keep thinking about doing this too. One other thing I was thinking is insurance. Would changing the headlights invalidate the insurance? Or only if it had hids? Or not at all if you've got an mot to say all is well. Erm, or maybe best to just ask your insurance company.

Won't effect the insurance.

Might effect the MOT though...Xenons seem to be a touchy subject. Some will pass and some won't from what I hear. Worse comes you worse, you'll just need to change the bulb over for the MOT though.