197: Write Off

Tell them you'll take £6k and the salvage.

If you've not been paid out for this yet, Why have the breakers got the car?

Surely it's still yours until it's settled.

It is mine, they don't have the v5 or anything yet. I will find out where exactly the car is but they said "salvage company".

This happened to me with my first car! (Micro lol!!!!) when they offered me a low price so I asked them what route I need to go when claiming an injury! The next day they amazingly game me my price!

I wrote my 182 off around xmas 2010. When the insurance company came back to me they where offering around £3,400 for a replacement.

I told them to jump. I asked how the calculated there figures. They did the same as you said, using trading sites and car guides.

They said if i do the same they will re-evaluate.

I had to send them 5 articles, used autotrader, pistonheads and cliosport and found examples with more miles going for more than my offer.

After about 3 weeks of chit chat they raised my offer to £4,800 which is was pleased with.

They also give me £70 for a full tank of super unleaded.

I know this might not be any help to you, but just hold to your guns. Its not like there going to say You where been an arse so we now only want to offer you £4,000.

Hopefully it will pay off and you will get it done and dusted.

It is mine, they don't have the v5 or anything yet. I will find out where exactly the car is but they said "salvage company".

That would be my thoughts. If its merely there because it got transported there after recovery that still doesnt give them any rights to hang on to it without your authorisation, you are afterall the legal owner still.

If you can get it back and get the Recaros out of it that would at least help you cover the difference in their payout offer.

They came back to me on Friday and offered £7,300!

Can't believe they tried to get away with £6,500. I think that's a fair price though. A cup went up on auto trader the other day which was identical for £7,400. I'm sure they guy would accept down to £7k so think I will accept it!

Good news got the right offer :smile: Just have hang in there mate and not let them try rip off. If stand ground long enough they will give in.

Just talking to someone with a bit of authority and not somebody reading from a script helped a lot I think!

Result :thumbup1:

I bet the salvage yard had allready eyed up the recaros so you'd have them over a barrel really.

At least the air bag had been deployed in the one so really only the one seat left for them!