197: Write Off

Hey, so there is now one less 197 cup on the road. I got taken out by a lorry on a roundabout who was in the wrong lane. Car ended up on top of a crash barrier.

Will get some pictures up soon. The car has been declared a cat c write off. But I need some help on the valuation. I still don't think they are paying out enough.

Been offered £6,700 so far. It's a 2007 57 plate with 35,000 miles and Recaros. In "excellent condition" (insurance companies words). Do you think this is fair? There isn't one on autotrader for less than £7,300!

Any help or advice on getting a fair amount would be really helpful. Thanks.

theres part of your argument with them!

tell them about prices for a like-for-like replacement being £7300 - you dont have to accept their first offer!

Originally they offered £6,500 - I asked them to prove why it was worth so little and they submitted autotrader adverts. Turns out they were valuing basic 197s.

Now they are using "glasses" guide where they use the transacted retail price which is £6,700. I have got other valuations from other places such as parkers which are all more than this. But they are sticking at £6,700.

The fact is I should be able to buy the same exact car again and I can't. But they won't accept that and just refuse to go above this "book" price. Even though I have sent the, numerous other adverts and valuations

who insured with?

Tell them you won't accept the offer. And send them another load of other adverts with prices.

Also send them parkers price guide too.

Also go in renault and ask them to value the car at a price they'd put on forecourt for

Just got keep on with them. It'll be ball ache but get there in the end.

Only thing is agree to a value closer to 7 and tell them you want car in deal and strip some bits off it?

Definitely wouldn't accept that mate, the 7 and abit sounds reasonable being with recaros/cup and all that! Sorry to hear about it mate :worried:

Adrian Flux are my broker. Equity Red Star my insurer.

I've told them I want to make a complaint as I'm not accepting it. So I can do that but it doesn't seem like they will budge. Like hitting your head off a brick wall.

They said that the Recaros add no value. I literally told them to piss off when they said that. I said I will have them back then if they aren't worth anything. But they won't let me near the car now. But they kindly offered for me to buy them off the scrapper. ****s.

I paid £8k for that car back in February!

This type of story boils my piss. We are forced by law to pay through the nose for insurance, then when we actually need it (usually after an unpleasant experience) they rip us off again. *******s :@

by law insurance HAVE to pay the glass valuation of the vehicle, whilst they may not offer you that tell them that is the only figure you will accept for it.

Adrian Flux are my broker. Equity Red Star my insurer.

I've told them I want to make a complaint as I'm not accepting it. So I can do that but it doesn't seem like they will budge. Like hitting your head off a brick wall.

They said that the Recaros add no value. I literally told them to piss off when they said that. I said I will have them back then if they aren't worth anything. But they won't let me near the car now. But they kindly offered for me to buy them off the scrapper. ****s.

I paid £8k for that car back in February!
Hi,
I'm sorry you seem to be having some issues. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take a look in to it for you to see if I can assist in anyway.
Regards,
Dan.

I will stand my ground. I've told them I'm not accepting it but when they just say "no" what else can you do other than complain? I've submitted so much evidence and they just ignore it.

Any help would be great Dan. I know how much adrian flux rely on forums to spread the word about affordable modified car insurance. But I've never heard of such a bad valuation before!

My insurance pay me - they claim for their costs off his insurance. It was a write off.

And you have to pay your excess?

When my car got wrote off my insurance company explained that yes they could pay me out asap minus the excess then when its all claimed back from the 3rd party you get it all back,

If your insurance had anything about them they would push for the 3rd partys insurance to sort it direct and provide a courtesy car too, as for the value, tell them if they can find a car the same exact same as yours then get it for the lower price there offering thats what i did, i ended up getting 6500k for mine a r27 f1 with the recaros and xenons, it had done 74k though,

What did you insure yours for?

Greenlight insurance ftw!

Excess off the value from the insurance. Claims company, not insurance, provide courtesy car and are getting my excess back.

Adrian flux are my insurance.

Im saying if its there fault and they have admitted liability your insurance should be getting there insurance to sort it direct with you, not via your insurance, then back to adrian flux etc, from my experience it was so much easier and alot less stressful

I went through all this around 3month back it is a pain but stand your ground with the price there wanting to pay