Windscreen replacement

After a trip over to york last night I was heading back and lorry thought it would be nice to throw a stone up at my windscreen resulting in a nice huge chip

Looking at it I think it's going to be a new screen and I'm going to use my windscreen cover

My only concern is the fitters damaging something fitting it

Presume they will need to remove wiper arms due to them not been able to be lifted and also the auto wiper sensors etc

Anyone been through the process so I know what to expect?

i had the screen replaced on mine, i left the car and forgot to highlight the wiper issue.
on return screen was changed and guess what, nice area of missing paint on the bonnet luckily i spotted it as they didnt mention anything.
to be fair tho they did pay for a respray without any problems but its defo worth mentioning.

I'll remove the arms before they do anything if I can along with all the rear view mirror setup and surround

don't need to remove the arms just make sure they are in the service position and help him on with it if needs be.

also make sure they don't cut the wire to the light/wiper sensor at the top of the wind screen.

They will have to take off the scuttle panel trim (where the wipers come through) and the A pillar trims to get the screen out. Probably the inner A panel trims too. A must do IMO is a genuine Renault trim that runs along the top of the screen. I have seen a poor quality item shrink in length by about 1 inch over time, so it was nowhere near sitting under the A pillar trims as it does now.
Gives you a chance to clean out around the strut tops where all the crap collects and can block the drain tubes at least!!

Would be better you take it a parts yourself. Then let them only replace windscreen & wiper sensor. I find peoples out there don't give a **** & they will damage it.

How do you get the wipers into the service position?

Still learning new things here and there.

Don't quote me but it is something like put the wiper stalk all the way down, hit start but don't put your foot on the pedal to avoid starting and they go into and stay in the up position and you can lift them off the screen without touching the bonnet.

Don't quote me but it is something like put the wiper stalk all the way down, hit start but don't put your foot on the pedal to avoid starting and they go into and stay in the up position and you can lift them off the screen without touching the bonnet.

Would this work on a Cup I wonder? Would make removing the arms without going near the bonnet easier!

Exactly my thoughts!

A trim removal tool would be handy for getting the 1/4 turn clips on the scuttle out. Also take a pic of where the blades are either at normal rest or in the park position so you can fit them back in the same place.

With push button start ive found the following.

Wiper stalk all the way down

Press stop/start an wipers start

Press stop start again when wipers are at end of stroke and try will stay at that position

Ps are you able to lift the drivers arm as this fouls on itself at the pivot point for lifting

Dont quote me on this but iirc if your car is less than 3years old you can ask for a oem screen instead of an aftermarket one and your insurance will pay for it.

Would this work on a Cup I wonder? Would make removing the arms without going near the bonnet easier!

I tried on my car (Cup), the only way I found was put them on slow and turn the ignition off when facing up. I dont have auto wipers so I guess this is the only way. Still worth remembering though.