Window washers

Wasn't entirely sure where to put this thread so feel free to move it moderators.

Was on way to work this morning, bird tool a massive s*** on my back window so went to scoosh my rear window then the water came out onto the windscreen window wipers never came on. Can still wash windscreen normal way by pulling the nob towards you and the wipers automatically come on. So I have no way of washing back window as I drive.

Anyone had the same problem?

did you turn it further to the "wash" position for the rear wiper? (ie turn the stalk to rear wipe/wash position)

pg 1.98 of the manual

Sounds like a dodgy pump my last car had the same problem (Citroen c4 renault pump tho) just changed out the pump and all was okay again.
Hope this helps

can you hear the motor wine when you do it? if so does any water come out anywhere else EG wheel arch? screen wash fully topped up?

Rear wiper still wipes. Whines just normally does like any other window washers, washer bottle full, always is. And no, no water elsewhere

Have you had a panel off? You may have nipped the pipe so water can't get though.

Try it with the boot open to straighten the pipe.

Pipe may also be blocked so make sure its clean where it comes out.

Have you had a panel off? You may have nipped the pipe so water can't get though.

good advice :wiz: also is the nozzle hole clear?

Just had time to try sort it out this morning. I opened the boot right up then turned the knob to scoosh the water out and it started working again, must have just been blocked somewhere along the line and the pipe needed straightened out like you said.

Thanks for the advice! :smile: