Window tints...how dark?

Thinking of getting windows tinted soon. Anyone got any pics of dark smoke and limo black? Thinking limo black may make i look like a van and dark smoke would be best but pic would definately help make my mind up. I did a search but a lot tend to go for a medium/light tint.

Thanks
Tim.

Remember your windows will gave a tint on them already.

Limo tint is stupidly dark. A friend had it on his car years ago and he'll be the first to admit that they were too dark. Border line dangerous according go him as a night you had no idea what was behind you (and that was during the summer), during the winter he says he rarely knew what was behind him which made overtaking fun. Yes van etc don't have the luxury of a central mirror but they have huge side mirrors to make up for it.

Remember your windows will gave a tint on them already.

Limo tint is stupidly dark. A friend had it on his car years ago and he'll be the first to admit that they were too dark. Border line dangerous according go him as a night you had no idea what was behind you (and that was during the summer), during the winter he says he rarely knew what was behind him which made overtaking fun. Yes van etc don't have the luxury of a central mirror but they have huge side mirrors to make up for it.

Thanks for your input. I agree limo black is probably too dark.

I had tints on my last car ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375139541.038175.jpg

Sorry if the quality is bad.

I had 30% on the front and 55% on the rear and that was perfect however, due to the slight factory tint on the fronts they became illegal and I did get stopped and fined.

My advice, if your looking to go front and rear i think a good rule if thumb is pick your front tint and don't go more than double the tint on the rear purely for aesthetics - if you go too dark on the rear i have always thought it just looks odd n tacky.

Tamz

As a general rule if you tint the front windows they will be illegal. Front windows have to let at least 70% of light through (windscreen 75%) and as they already come with a tint from the factory, usually between 5-15% according to the guy who tinted the windows on my last car, there's no point in tinting any more as it will more that likely make them illegal. Infact he refuses to tint the front windows. The rears can be as dark as you like though.

Hiya,

I have 85% on my rear windows and (shhhhhhh) 50% on my fronts & I dont think it looks too dark at all. I agree the limo tint on the back is too much of a contrast on most cars.

Claire :smile:

Attachments

• 1763.jpg
    1763.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 44
Hiya,

I have 85% on my rear windows and (shhhhhhh) 50% on my fronts & I dont think it looks too dark at all. I agree the limo tint on the back is too much of a contrast on most cars.

Claire :smile:

Claire as a budding cop you should know that a tint of 50% of the front windows plus what ever tint the glass already has is getting close to driving a vehicle in a dangerous condition. You would also be required to remove the tint are the road side if they only let between 45-30% of light through, and if less than 30% the car will be prohibited from the road. I'll also point out that you have most likely invalidated your insurance.

I know, I had no tints on the front at all when I got the car, only on the back so yes they are illegal at 50% but the insurance company knows about the tints and didnt question how dark it was? They said that majority of motorists with tinted windows dont even bother to tell the insurance companies, same with decats etc.

Thanks for the suggestions and pictures guys. Dark smoke looks the nuts and I have settled on that. Car booked on Mon 5th Aug. Hopefully will further enhance look of my car... All the simple things and that :smiley: