Will these discs + pads do?

Hi guys,

looking to freshen up the front brakes, i found some on ebay that are a pretty good price. Bearing in mind spirited driving is the most i'll do, no track days for me :-(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171117249180?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Says they are compatible, but i thought i'd check with the lads/ladies 'in the know'...

If these are not worth touching, i'll probably go with a set of brembos for slightly more.

These will be getting slapped on whilst the cam belt is fitted so it's an expensive shopping day!!:bored:

Cheers

According to the compatibility checker they won't fit a 197 mate.

Just looked on a few other threads and they seem to be the correct size. However I have my car saved in the checker and it says they are the wrong ones ?? Interesting I look forward to see if they do fit as wouldn't mind a set of them at that price

Last edited:
hi.been in touch with the guys from mintbitz and they confirmed the fitment bare in mind mine is ( 2006 ).Same size though..the pads are poo though..Was offered the green stuff for additional £76 or the red stuff pads for additional £96..they will do..will be getting them too...soon hopefully...a £99 price tag-looks good to me and u can choose from 3 different coulour coats,from gold to black for another £14..
also they come grooved,drilled,dimpled etc...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...lat_Gen:MK+III|Model:Clio&hash=item2a30c92a6a

Last edited:
Bit confused now myself if I type in the car it's says they fit but if I use the drop down of my saved vehicle it says not ?? Strange

someone with some more experience with the cars will be along and let you know

Thanks for looking Lee, I must admit the ones Pav posted look pretty good, especially if you get some different pads as mentioned. Not a bad price :smile:

Top price if you're just after some ok discs and pads there! Is it right that if they fit the Megane 225, they'll fit the Clio 197 as they have the same Brembo setup?

wont be able to tell u if they fit a megane too as i dont have 1...but other guys who own a megane say that the 312mm discs will fit both (clio and megane).the brake setup is same though..

They will fit, the megane and the clio do share the same front set up. From all the options I'd say the dimples are the best pattern to go for performance wise.

I have these discs on mine fit like a glove mate however I paid a little bit more the only thing they don't come with is the torque screw locator for discs to the hub

Forgot to mention only downside they get rusty on the inside of the hub between the wheel and disc :/ you'll need to paint them just a heads up I need to do mine

Forgot to mention only downside they get rusty on the inside of the hub between the wheel and disc :/ you'll need to paint them just a heads up I need to do mine

Did you get the additional coating? As I believe this elimates the rusting...but I might be wrong

Did you get the additional coating? As I believe this elimates the rusting...but I might be wrong

No I don't think so pal because the rust started to come from the first week I had them on. Started off spotted and then gradually got more and more worse, it's not as bad as I make out like lol I get a pic later it's just, you go and wash your wheels you've just Baught performance show peice discs ..... And Oh look there's rust there looks abit sh*t [emoji107]