Will an LSD reduce torque steer on the 197?

Hey guys

Like the title says, is a quaife diff the way to go to eliminate torque steer? Or are there some other ways? :smile: I've searched around on the forum but not found a really good answer yet. How much time does it take to fit the diff in hours estimated? Or is there another way to eliminate torque steer? Thanks :smile:

The 197's at stock power or even mapped have hardly any torque steer anyway. The LSD will benefit cornering speed and off the line starts among other things.

Will be a big job to get the diff fitted, you can definatly do it if you have the right facilities and know how, you'll have to split the gearbox. I've done it but I'm doing a big power megane conversion. Check out my thread, gearbox rebuild pictures in there

Torque steer on a 197???

Id id be checking the tracking 1st see how that is set.

I'd be checking the suspension hubs, torque steer should not happen. Hell my meg has way way more torque than a Clio and doesn't torque steer.

You can have understeer, but torque steer on our Clio's no way.

I have Quaife LSD and it's great. Far less understeer in tight corners and especially roundabouts.

Torque steer ... Not realy but tbh i got quaife idunno if its the reason or not but my car is pulling to right side( checked everything that can cause it and no problem..) so maybe its the reason

I found that spacers added a tiny bit of torque steer. But mainly my front track rods and ball joints(?) were badly worn and needed replacing. Mines running fairly strong.

Similar Thread Suggestions