Why do we buy Renault

I'm on my 2nd mk3 Clio and have done 47000 miles in total for both cars, 0 problems other than needing the thermostat changed on my 197.

My mother has always bought renaults and they've always been reliable.

9 year (nearly 10) 5 RS's and 4 none. All from new and not one problem or 1 crap experience.

Never had a problem with mine either.

Renault can't be blamed for sh!t franchise dealer behaviour, every manufacturer suffers that...

Fun factor for me.

I spent 3.5 in repairs on my 182 yet still bought a 197.

Around here I see one other 197 on rare occasions so it's nice to have something that you don't see every day too.

We've had 4 between us in 5 years. Emma's first was a nice 07 1.4 MK3 Dynamique that was written off by a Civic Type-R driver (Head on at 50mph). Then she had the little 133 then traded that in a year later for the 200. Now We have another 133 to go with the 200.

Why do we buy them? Cheapest, safest, kinda fast new cars you can buy. Also, other than a new gearbox and some weather seals on the 200, the 4 Renault's we've had have been fault free.

I have owned 2 200s and to be fair nether have been that bad. It's normally the after service that has screwed the car up more. That's the reason why I won't be buying another one now.

My first Renault was my 197.

Was Renault Sport that brought me to Renault, I was going to go Jap so glad I didn't 8)

Now own 2 Renaults 1 for business 1 for pleasure

My family has had Renaults for the past 10 years all from new.
51 plate Laguna - went back @ 120000 and 3years old with only fault being gearbox at 70k
54 plate Scenic - went back @ 145000 miles and 4 years old - only fault was a callopsed inlet valve to the turbo at 80k
58 plate Laguna - went back @ 120000 miles and 3 years old - no faults what so ever
97 P plate Espace - owned for 5 years and could be left for several months then crank straight up and do a 500 mile journey no problem, was a great car
This is why I went for the 200 as genuinely they have been extremely reliable and fun cars

Owned 7 over the last 20 years, all of them with no major issues.

My first love is older Italian cars, so Renaults are a revelation!

Although the build quality is still lagging behind other manufacturers, its still a lot better than it used to be.

I have had two newish Renaults and neither have had any major issues (touch wood).

This is my first one and had a few problems but mostly with the crap service of one local (ex) renault dealership but i won't let that put me off.

It has'nt put me off, i'm well on my way to my second one :foxspeed:

The reason I bought a renault sport model is because they are the best handling hot hatches out there.

That's about all they have compared to the competition though. Now I'm not saying that they are the worst at everything and everyone else is better I just mean that handling is the only thing they really come out on top on, they don't come top in reliability, customer service etc

With hot hatches though others have their own issues, vxrs have a crap load that goes wrong with them and it's not like their build quality is perfect, cooper s are overpriced and again are not built as well as people think.

The new clio sport doesn't interest me at all though, obviously I have no clue how it handles but it's ugly and the turbo engine has put me right off, part of the clios charm for me is that you rag the crap out of it and tear down country roads. I donm't want a turbo engine with lots of torque, I enjoy dropping down a gear (although my car struggles to get in any gear at the minute lol)

Last edited: