Who has Apple TV

So who has Apple TV and how do they rate it? Im new to Apple products, got my iphone 6 months ago and just bought a Macbook Pro.

I have one, it's awesome!
Netflix is something that just has to be done... It's not got lots on but slowly getting there, only £6 a month though!

AirPlay is another good thing... I have a MBP, iPad3, iPhone4s (wasn't going to get the 5, but hate not having the new one, so buying it Wednesday haha) and everything 'just works' together.
If you buy a program for the MBP called airfoil you can stream all the audio from the MBP to the apple tv or another AirPlay device, and use them as speakers. I currently use my home cinema as speakers when I'm sat around listening to music.... No wires :smile:
You can also control it through the 'remote' app on the iPhone, if on the same WIFI network...

Everything has their haters and lovers though, a lot of people will say it doesn't do enough for the price tag... But put it this way my mum is the biggest technophobe around, since showing her this, she's bought an iPhone and an apple tv :wink: haha

Thanks mate, i was hoping someone would describe its features too haha. Are these around £100? I keep seeing a massive price range.

I have Apple TV. As already said, Netflix has to be done! Haha!
I use Apple TV in my bedroom as I get Netflix and a lot more on the Xbox which is in the living room.

But Apple TV is great for streaming all your content! Youtube, flikr, and loads of other stuff! u can stream your mac desktop onto apple tv now with the latest mac os(i have been told)
For the sake of £99. It's worth it!

Thanks mate, i was hoping someone would describe its features too haha. Are these around £100? I keep seeing a massive price range.

Yeah about £99 man,
As with music streaming, I didn't make it clear, the program you buy, airfoil, is only needed if you want to stream music that isn't on your iTunes. If its on your iTunes, you can stream it without buying another program, just straight from MBP - apple tv... No wires :wink: haha same with the iPhone and iPad, just click AirPlay from them when playing and song, and boom.... Big sound, no wires haha

Yeah Apple TV all the way, only problem I have found is that the Apple TV Remote turns my MBP on when in sleep mode..... So one minute am upstairs watching TV and the next the MBP is playing music :s

I have one also, pretty much what everyone else said about it really!

Yeah the Apple Remote is a total nightmare, I have everything in my bedroom at the moment and when i use the remote it also controls my iMac, Macbook and Macbook Pro. Speak about irritating!

But apart from that it's awesome. Netflix i wasn't really impressed with but i like it for Airplay.

Yeah Apple TV all the way, only problem I have found is that the Apple TV Remote turns my MBP on when in sleep mode..... So one minute am upstairs watching TV and the next the MBP is playing music :s

U can program your mac to use just one remote. It's easy. u will find it somewhere in the settings Menu.(im not at home near my mac to find it) just Google it. Works a treat! So I could use my Apple TV in the same room as my mac! Haha!
Well worth doing!

U can program your mac to use just one remote. It's easy. u will find it somewhere in the settings Menu.(im not at home near my mac to find it) just Google it. Works a treat! So I could use my Apple TV in the same room as my mac! Haha!
Well worth doing!

I knew there would be a way of doing it but me being lazy as i am, couldn't be bothered trying to fix it. Will give it a try :wink: Thanks!

I'm just looking into buying one, however with the jailbreak not being available on Apple TV 3 it's putting me off. I wanted to be able to do away with my media centre PC and just have apple TV running XBMC.

I thnk I may have found a work around unitl they do manage to come up with a jailbreak. I have a jailbroken iPad and iPhone, which you can install XBMC onto, then mirror it to the Apple TV. It's not ideal, but it might be a solution for now.

I hear the jailbroken Apple TV 2 is better but they are demanding a higher cost now due to Apple TV 3 not being able to be jailbroken yet, I was looking at them yesterday, I think I will buy one, but wish you could jailbreak it as you can get a lot more out of it when it's jailbroken hmm decisions!!

I have the 1080p version and its brilliant.When I do my iPhoto and iMovie projects its great to watch them back on a 50 inch screen:smile:

I've got a apple tv 2nd gen, I wouldn't bother with the third gen. Mines jailbroke and well worth it all my films are free, tv series, music etc plus loads of other stuff and all the standard benefits. Go for the jailbroke 2 you carnt go wrong

I've got a apple tv 2nd gen, I wouldn't bother with the third gen. Mines jailbroke and well worth it all my films are free, tv series, music etc plus loads of other stuff and all the standard benefits. Go for the jailbroke 2 you carnt go wrong

Have u got anymore info on jail breaking it? I would like to do this!
Thanks