Which wheels....

iAndy

Platinum Member
Ok which wheels should I use for Track and Which for road use?

Car has the Standard Anthracite Cup Wheels on at the moment with Conti3's, just bought the white speedies off of N0ddie which has conti5's on and are 8J wide. My standard wheels will be lighter according to another thread on here but will the wider wheels make it handle any better....

Any opinion is appreciated :smile:

your probably not going to notice any major difference.

SO i would say Speedlines for the road, as they look better, therefore should be on the car for the majority of the time :smile:

Not much point buying cup wheels and storing them unless they are trashed and for track use only.

your probably not going to notice any major difference.

It depends on the weight difference.

I have two sets of wheels for my Alfa 145 track day car, both 7x15, both same ET (well, within 3mm) and both wearing 195 50x15, one has toyo 888's the other hankook RS2's.

One set is the best part of 1kg lighter than the others, the team dynamics pro race 1.2's are lighter than the compomotive MO's.

The lighter wheels take less effort in turn in and generally feel a little quicker but it looks better on the compomotives so it wore those most of the time. :thumbup1:

The cup wheels are standard 200, only reason i want two sets is that i suffer from major puncture issues at work so not really safe to take a tyre on tack after a repair, or do I've been advised. Will get the speedies this weekend and then decide

Speedies for the road...

1. they look awesome on RB
2. I heard they add 5bhp
3. They look awesome on RB

Back from a long drive to bonny wee Scotland :smile: over the moon with new wheels, just need to get the centre caps painted white and my front blade done and I will be very happy :smile: anybody know the colour code for the white so I can get some paint mixed?

Yep on bridge just before services on M6..... Cruise control was flashing 85mph so was over that i think when i saw him :worried: