which panel filter for 197

Hi! I'm looking for panel filter, which one is best? I had k&n in my 182 and it was ok. Is it worth to pay more for ITG?

errr tbh, IMO, it doesn't matter. Some people like paper, some like foam. I ran the ITG and didn't notice anything about it...most people will probably say keep the standard one unless you plan on keeping the car over a few years and might save on replacing the standard one every year.

There's an ITG for sale on ebay at the minute. That's what I've got in mine, does the job :smile:

I've just purchased an ITG filter from a member on here. Just wanted to check that it's normal for there to be a gap in the plastic box where the panel filter sits compared to the standard panel filter?

I've just purchased an ITG filter from a member on here. Just wanted to check that it's normal for there to be a gap in the plastic box where the panel filter sits compared to the standard panel filter?

Yep, from memory the ITG one is about half the thickness of the original paper filter.

I've either got an ITG or a Ktec still inside my old air filter box if you're interested? Only did about 200 miles with it in before my induction kit came.