Which gearbox oil are you using ? (2017)

What gearbox oil are you using in your RENAULT sport Clio ?

• ELF NFJ

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • ELF NFP

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Fuchs Sintofluid

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Redline MTL

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Castrol Syntrans

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Red line MT-90

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
Whats everyones gearbox lubricant of choice ?

****If you're using something not listed here: post it.......and i'll get it added to the poll.

Shuv can you add anything to the poll that would tell us if the choice of oil actually made a difference?

Such as buddy ? (And no you can't in reality; all i can do is produce a list of 'choices')

Feel free to add comments, and chat all you like on this topic though with your thoughts everyone.....

ELF NFP, really good cold performance too..

DSC_2134.JPG\small

Reactions: suj
I think I am going to have to buy some NFP, I bought some NFJ off RPD, since the change my cold shift is annoying and stiff!

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Reactions: peter and Big Ben
Elf NFP in mine. I have tried the Redline MTL in the past, and although I couldn't fault it, I also couldn't tell any improvement/difference from OEM/Elf.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Not changed anything in mine so standard!

Not even sure what the procedure there if for changing oil in a 200t...

I think I am going to have to buy some NFP, I bought some NFJ off RPD, since the change my cold shift is annoying and stiff!

Thanks for the heads up guys.

there is a post by @TB Rich somewhere on the forum, why NFP is supposed to be the better option (over NFJ). had a search, but can't find it. can't remember if it was in his project thread or if it was a specific 'gearbox oil' thread.

forgot to tell ... i'm having the gearbox oil changed every year. this is my third box, so not taking any chances. :smile:

Not changed anything in mine so standard!

Not even sure what the procedure there if for changing oil in a 200t...
just gotta locate your drain and fill up cap..must be the same procedure as on a 197/200,right?

I used 500ml of Castrol Syntrans and the rest Honda MTF

The Honda stuff as I’ve always found it to improve day to day gearchance, especially when cold.

A bit of syntrans so there’s some synthetic oil in there for track use that will hold up better at the likely extreme temps.

Worth also mentioning I like to change gearbox oil each time I do engine oil, the poor stuff has to put up with horrendous temps, especially if used on track.

Lovely typically Japanese vid here with the owner of Spoon Sports explaining the importance of gear oil changes:

There is is really big difference compared to original and ELF NFP.. when it is cold weather.
My previous gordini was really difficult to change gears when temp was -2 or something. With NFP it is smooth and easy.