Which dampers?

R27#239

Paid Member
Whilst changing my top mounts I've found one of my dampers has a lot of play in it, so I want to replace the front pair.
Searching ive found the original cup damper is £50ish or for a little more an "extreme cup" damper.
After a little digging it transpires that this is a 200 cup damper.
I've been told by the supplier they fit the 197 too.

Has as anybody heard of these? As I'd prefer the better part for essentially the same price.
Oliver

I'm not sure if it effects things but the 200 cup had different mounts after 2010. All 197s and ordinary 200s were the same but the 200 cup top mounts were a bit different. Though it might not effect you, I don't know, just making sure your aware.

Thanks, but just to clarify I'm buying just the dampers. I believe the actual threaded end that goes into the top mount isn't different.
Oliver

I've spoken to ktr and they agree that the external dimensions didn't change, just the internal valves.
Move also found this
"Subject: Renault Clio 200
Reference: 1-171242825

Dear Mr ######

Thank you for contacting Renault UK regarding your Renault Clio 200

I understand from your email that you require a confirmation that the dampers from your Clio 197 will fit your Clio 200.

I can confirm that these parts are interchangeable and that the dampers from your Renault Clio 197 will fit your new Renault Clio 200.

If you require assistance in fitting these part to your Clio 200 our friendly team of Renault technicians will be happy to help you in any way that you require. Our mechanics can offer advice on what to do and will even fit the parts for you if necessary.

You can locate your nearest Renault dealership by logging on to our website [url]www.renault.co.uk[/URL] and searching using your town or postcode.

I hope that this answers your questions. Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me, or one of my colleagues at Renault Information Services on 0800 52 51 50.

Kind Regards

Terri Proctor
Information Services Consultant
Renault UK Ltd.
www.renault.co.uk"

so ive gone ahead and ordered a pair of 200 "extreme cup" "double effect" (whatever that means) from Renault