Which 197's have Xenons?

None, they were only ever an option, as were cornering lamps projectors but without xenons. The difference is that the xenons have headlamp wash and do not have a level control on the dash.

Last edited:
No you wouldn't have the correct loom for the leveller although I think they could be manually set up

You can retrofit the dark projector lamps, however you won't be able to make the cornering lights work as the loom is different.

Retrofitting the OE xenons would be much more involved.

Last edited:
The projectors are a close match looks wise, fit a hid kit and you are laughing.

i thought all clio 197s were auto level, apart from the cup.

Ye, mine doesn't have auto levelling, I have to move a little wheel up and down. It's next to the dash light brightness adjustment wheel.

Cars with xenons have the washer jets in the front bumper and don't have a leveling switch in the interior.

You'd get the effect with sticking some projector lights in (~£250) and a HID kit (~£40) then getting them properly aligned

This didn't have xenon's when i bought it, just the cornering lights. Retro fitted some 5000k HID and full O.E washer kit, you couldn't tell from the outside that it wasn't O.E

197310509096.jpg

:wink:

It hasn't unless its had a new bumper. Do you have a manual light adjuster next to the esp off switch?

After doing a bit of research as I get to know my clio more and more, it turns out I 'think' I have projectors. (They're black on the inside?) - Is there an easy way to tell if I have HID's or just very bright bulbs?

If I have HID's, shall I assume that for next year's MOT I need to have Jetwashers fitted?

Similar Thread Suggestions