Wheel Spacers for R26 18" Wheels

Hi all, i have fitted 225/35 tyres on my 18" R26 wheels, on my clio 197.

I have H&R springs 40mm drop,
But it looks like there is some space between the tyres and arches, and wheels look more inside now with 225/35.

Can you help me on what sizes of wheel spacers can i use at the rear and at the front??

Thanx!

I've always measured from wheel/tyre to the inside edge of wheel arch, then with that info you know what max is, so can gauge size of spacer needed.

I've always measured from wheel/tyre to the inside edge of wheel arch, then with that info you know what max is, so can gauge size of spacer needed.

Is there a limitation of the wheel spacers u can put? My friend owned 197 and he said that at the rear you can fit 0.8cm and then next size is 2.5cm, and u cant fit anything in between? cause there is a problem. I donno.

Is there a limitation of the wheel spacers u can put? My friend owned 197 and he said that at the rear you can fit 0.8cm and then next size is 2.5cm, and u cant fit anything in between? cause there is a problem. I donno.

Not heard of an issues like that but always go with quality spacers and those that list as hub centric and correct length bolts that take into account the spacer size as well.

forgot to say if you go 25mm+ then you will prob. find the spacer allows original bolts to attach spacer to hub then has it's own bolts going into separate holes to attach wheel & they always get good reviews by people.

Last edited:
Not heard of an issues like that but always go with quality spacers and those that list as hub centric and correct length bolts that take into account the spacer size as well.

forgot to say if you go 25mm+ then you will prob. find the spacer allows original bolts to attach spacer to hub then has it's own bolts going into separate holes to attach wheel & they always get good reviews by people.

Thanks, i would go for the 15mm at the back and 15mm at the front, i dont want the rear to be wider then front for the handling issues.. I think 25mm is too much and i dont like the way it looks... I just donno if 1.5 is going to be too much in front.

Here are some of the pictures of my car, fitted:

R26 wheels
H&R 40mm drop springs
tyres: 225/35 R18.

Can u help me guys on what Spacers would i need in order for the rims to fill arches better.

i run 16mm front and back mate after advice from benw,and for me it looks perfect,its very subtle and the wheels sit flush with the arches,hate it when th wheels stick out to far,makes it look like a beach buggy

Hi Henderson - where did you get your 16mm spacers from, after some hubcentrics - do they come with longer bolts mate?

cheers

also gotta source some longer lock nuts - any ideas?

hi roary,got my eibach spacers,longer bolts and longer locking wheel nuts from larkspeed,cheapest place as advised by a few members on here,the hubcentric spacers where £79 a pair so £158 for 4,the 41mm M14x1.5 bolts where £2.15 each so £34.40 for 16 and the longer locking wheel nuts where £42.50,u can get cheaper locking wheel nuts but they all seemed to have a 17mm head and the originals have a 19mm head,wanted to keep to 19mm so the wheel brace would still fit,the longer locking wheel nuts also need cutting down to 41mm as there far to long,hope this helps

Similar Thread Suggestions