Wheel Spacer Dimensions

Got access to some machinery at work and wondering what the dimensions of wheel spacers are? Any help be great or a drawing cheers!

You can get most of the dimensions from alloy wheel specs, I think the hub is 60.1mm and PCD should be easy to find (5x112?). Then you just need to measure a few bits like OD of the disk hub and depth of the location ring.

If you're making them DIY and not doing proper research into materials I'd suggest making spacers which just have holes and require longer wheel bolts. Don't make ones which screw onto the hub and then alloys screw into the spacer, if you do this you need to do some calculations to make sure the thread can take all the forces!

You can get most of the dimensions from alloy wheel specs, I think the hub is 60.1mm and PCD should be easy to find (5x112?). Then you just need to measure a few bits like OD of the disk hub and depth of the location ring.

If you're making them DIY and not doing proper research into materials I'd suggest making spacers which just have holes and require longer wheel bolts. Don't make ones which screw onto the hub and then alloys screw into the spacer, if you do this you need to do some calculations to make sure the thread can take all the forces!

totally agree with ben,u need to use a material with the right properties or the threads could strip very easily under load,risky! think i'd rather pay the money for piece of mind

Bump, I'm looking into this too. I've almost got the drawing finished, I'm going to model it up and get the stress guy at work to see if they can take the load or not.

Does anyone know the weight of 197 raiders (that's the name right? R27 wheels)

What other factors will I need to know? Ill have the weight of the aluminium, the size and length of the wheel bolts and the weight of the wheel.

Cheers