Wheel colour?

What colour wheels for Silicon Steve's RACING BLUE ? Winning colour gets done for real !

• Orange

• Lime Green

• White

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now why did I think you'd go for orange?!

Ha ha @johnny. Predictable.....me ?

**Honestly: no Orange 'fetish' here. But i have an RB sitting outside like Steve. and with some Orange added to the mix - Gulf oil colours would be born ! It would be a little loud i admit. But in all seriousness i do think its a really great colour combination that looks great together.

I'm looking outside the window here looking at my wheels "soaking" mid-clean and i think Orange would look awesome and the best of the 3 options.

As much as my 'Vote idea' was humorous - i think all three colours would look good. But one stands out..........

** [Well maybe a teenie-weenie bit] :smile:

Cam-Shaft-Porsche-997-Turbo-12_zpsjvemt3q5.jpg

Reactions: Johnny 99
Ha ha @johnny. Predictable.....me ?

**Honestly: no Orange 'fetish' here. But i have an RB sitting outside like Steve. and with some Orange added to the mix - Gulf oil colours would be born ! It would be a little loud i admit. But in all seriousness i do think its a really great colour combination that looks great together.

I'm looking outside the window here looking at my wheels "soaking" mid-clean and i think Orange would look awesome and the best of the 3 options.

As much as my 'Vote idea' was humorous - i think all three colours would look good. But one stands out..........

** [Well maybe a teenie-weenie bit] :smile:

Cam-Shaft-Porsche-997-Turbo-12_zpsjvemt3q5.jpg

I agree, I've always fancied having a car in Gulf livery.

Advantages of powder coating over painting??

Good question. I've never known anyone wet paint wheels ?

Far as im aware p/coating gives a thicker, tougher and longer lasting finish than paint.

You can have lacquer over any p/coating too if you desire. I always tell my man to slap the lacquer on nice and thick....

Because it's electrically charged does it bond better?

Highly doubt it - its sprayed on dry. Its only when it goes to the oven does it 'melt' to form the final finish you see.

The heat itself (Both product and paint) may well help it bond to the surface better of course.............

So not necessarily better looking just better product?

Correct - in my eyes. Far as i see it - its basically a commercial finish. Im no expert, but iv'e had numerous stuff p/coated over the years and we get plenty of stuff done at work. I'm at the p/coaters perhaps 3 times a week, know the owner very well and see alot of the behind the scenes stuff daily.

I would think a semi-decent wet-sprayer would get a much better finish (All relative and being slightly anal in finish terms to some degree) compared to p/coating.

But for what they are...and how good they look.....p/coating is more than good enough and stays that way alot longer too.

Hence why i'm guessing 99% of standard and aftermarket wheels with a paint finish are done that way !

Reactions: Big Ben

Similar Thread Suggestions