Wheel and tyre questions for my 200

Evening All,

I've just bought some new black 17" Speedline cup wheels to replace my standard anthracite wheels which I have always disliked. They've not arrived yet but don't come with centrecaps. Anyone know where I get new centres, or is it a case of using the existing ones and spraying them black to match?

I also need new tyres and have found a great deal on Hankook V12's but they are 15/45R17 91Y instead of 87W. Is this going to be OK?

Cheers,

Patrick

I'd try get the 87's myself... The side wall will be a bit more supple which will be better on the bumps etc.

I'll get flamed for this as everyone here raves about them, but the V12's don't get great reviews in tests, i'd spend a bit more and get Conti 5's.

I've got awful tyres on mine at the moment as that's what the dealer fitted... The sooner I kill them the better!

Are the Conti 5's really that much better?

I'm struggling to justify the £100 odd more they are going to cost over the V12's. These are purely for general road driving, no track days etc.

I belive all the centre caps are the same size, even on the 18" wheels so will fit once painted.

Cheers for the replies guys.

In the end Idecided to go for the V12's - I'l let you know how I get on with them...

I've bought the paint to paint my existing centre caps. Next question is how do I remove them from my old wheels? Can it be done with them still on the car or do you have to take the wheels off as you remove them from the back?

Reason I ask is that I don't have a jack but would like to get them on the new wheels before the new tyres are fitted.

Patrick

They pop out from the back, i'd say if you tried to get them out from the front you'd mark them or the wheel.

the v12 are definately a good tyre, i recon there alot better then conti 3s, and last alot longer.

thats test also looks very flawed as the v12 did better in all but two tests over the kumbos and was still overall a place behind it. and by the looks of it they used different load ratings which isnt a fair test when testing tyres back to back