17x8 cup wheel and tyres

Mdg197

Paid Member
I'm thinking about getting some cup racer wheels for my 197 track car.

What size tyres are people running with them as don't want a stretch on the sidewalls.
Or would I be better getting the 17x7.5 wheels. The car will be running the ee bracket kit with bumpsteer kit, and kw coilovers but unsure of hight yet for rubbing.
Thanks in advance

17 x 8 will take a 215/45 but will look a bit stretched. My preference is a 225/45. You can even go for a 235/40 in some instances.

17 x 8 will take a 215/45 but will look a bit stretched. My preference is a 225/45. You can even go for a 235/40 in some instances.

Do you find 225's make any difference to how it behaves on the road tramlining etc? Also any issues with clearance if I got for some coilovers in the future? I know older Clio's such as my Trophy hated wider tyres.

I hardly drive mine on the road so I'm not the best person to ask. It's trailered to track. I have rubbed away the arch liners on compression where the inner edge of the tyre rubs on the plastic arch liner but that's only on track. I ended up removing the arch liners in those areas. I'd imagine on a sensible road biased ride height and road biased loads through the suspension, you'd be fine.

Reactions: M154MATT