17x8j ET45

Will these look wrong at this size and cock the handling up?Im not 100% but think they will stick out 10mm more than my 17x8j ET55.

Yes [MENTION=28766]Kelv[/MENTION] Yiannis has the same wheels as me,Im just not 100% on the ET45 think its just the face of the wheel will stick out 10mm more than mine so wonder if it will mess the handling up:001_unsure:

Yes they will stick out a further 10mm, have you actually got grace for them to sit out that much further?

yeah thought yours were wider Angel so you think ET45 will be ok carnt see 3mm making much difference.

Tbh mate mine are prob at the limit on the front. The rear would be fine. Mine are 8j too.

I don't get any rubbing on the front with the Nankang's (215/45/17).. When I ran 225/45/17 they did rub quite a bit.

I've got the front quite low too. Don't think it has any adverse effect on handling but I do have brake dust all over the side of the car.. lol

Tbh mate mine are prob at the limit on the front. The rear would be fine. Mine are 8j too.

I don't get any rubbing on the front with the Nankang's (215/45/17).. When I ran 225/45/17 they did rub quite a bit.

I've got the front quite low too. Don't think it has any adverse effect on handling but I do have brake dust all over the side of the car.. lol

yeah i would be using 215/45/17 and could bring the fronts up a few clicks maybe but saying that i have not slammed them right low,might bite the bullet and go for them:001_unsure:

How much meat will be on the mounting face, could you have a few mm machined off to pull them back in to a more suitable offset?
i know a guy/place that could do it for you but you would need to get them to Essex.

Revolution do machining Mark, found out earlier this week from Keith. 19s are going to be costing me £125 for the four

Revolution do machining Mark, found out earlier this week from Keith. 19s are going to be costing me £125 for the four

Yeah mate i know they do it i just got a feeling that i might get away with it:thumbsup:

This is all your fault after talking to you the other weekabout wheels hahaha!:wink:

Ha ha, you should've said, could've got more discount from the Revolution guys for buying 2 sets of wheels !

I did a lot of research prior to ordering the OZs with ET55 instead of the factory 68 because I didn't want to compromise handling for the sake of looks.

When you are fitting wheels with different offset you are altering the Scrub radius as well which can be advantageous at times but it is only so far you can go before having adverse effects and drawbacks.

For instance the scrub radius on my car has been increased by fitting wheels with smaller offset that's why the steering is a bit heavier and has more feel/feedback when cornering. Too much and you'll end up with a heavy steering which kicks up and cambers. I was really worried prior to ordering the OZs but they only had positive effects (as you know Mark:wink:).

Lots of info around mate but If I was you I'd drive a Clio with 25mm spacers (if you can find of course) and judge for yourself before ordering new wheels.

I did a lot of research prior to ordering the OZs with ET55 instead of the factory 68 because I didn't want to compromise handling for the sake of looks.

When you are fitting wheels with different offset you are altering the Scrub radius as well which can be advantageous at times but it is only so far you can go before having adverse effects and drawbacks.

For instance the scrub radius on my car has been increased by fitting wheels with smaller offset that's why the steering is a bit heavier and has more feel/feedback when cornering. Too much and you'll end up with a heavy steering which kicks up and cambers. I was really worried prior to ordering the OZs but they only had positive effects (as you know Mark:wink:).

Lots of info around mate but If I was you I'd drive a Clio with 25mm spacers (if you can find of course) and judge for yourself before ordering new wheels.

Cheers for the info Yiannis think im going to take a bit of to make them to 48 or 55 i shall see once on.:thumbup:

Hi Mark, saw your message but I think it's all been covered on here now :lol:

May sound silly and not what you're after but have you had a look at the site- willtheyfit.com ? It gives you a pretty neat cross section of how your proposed wheel fitment will sit on the hub compared with what the car already has. It compensates for offset, tyre profile, rim and tyre widths :smile: