Whats your town like?

930Tech

CLIO CUP groupee.
Platinum Member
As i have a lot of time on my hands just lately i spent an afternoon in my local town yesterday and to be honest i found it quite shocking.

I had some laughs but found some sights disturbing.

First one on the main shopping street i saw a small guy, probably late 40's early 50's wearing work boots, thick tights, a short skirt, thick jumper and an afgan type coat and some, what looked like kids white plastic sunglasses.

I laughed at this then remembered i had my camera with me so spun round to get a pic, he was trying to cross the road but looked like he was ranting and raving at the traffic, he walked off down a side street so i drove down there to turn around, people had come out of the plumbing center to see him, they were laughing too but i could not get a pic.

Next was outside the job center, it was like an 80's gratton catalogue :whatever: all manner of sportsware on non sporty looking people.

Then there was an old women, well dressed pushing a pram with four dogs in tow, all little, i'd say well bred ones. one stopped for a poo so she got out the carrier bag, then i noticed in the pram were two more little dogs :001_huh: then got out the wet wipes and wiped the dogs backside :rofl:

Large women, wearing track suits, couple of kids in tow, fag on shouting and swearing at the kids:001_huh:

Some great driving, one woman in front of me in a Ka, waiting to get out onto the main road, someone flashed her out so she did a 5 point turn and went the other way, they guy who'd let her out was laughing and shaking his head.

Please tell me your town is like this and i live in a normal place.

Sounds perfectly normal to me. Its these characters that make the town bearable lol. In our town we have many colourful characters and local legends. We have q quite a few but I'll part up 2 to start with....

First up is "Catalogue Man" At nearly 7ft with a long curly blonde mullet Catalogue man has an uncanny resemblence to Hulk Hogan. Dressed head to toe in a wardrobe straight from the 70's he drivers a and old gold Jaguar Sovereign and wonders the town acosting everyone with the offer of a mail order catalogue.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDA_xdeioNE[/YOUTUBE]

Next up its "Pound a Bag Man" sadly now passed away Roy used to stand outside the local bakery and shout "pound a bag bread cobs, pound a bag, get your bag bread cobs, pound a bag" He did this everyday monday to friday for over 40 years come rain or shine.

Saturdays were a special day as his patter changed to.. "pound a bag bread cobs, pound a bag, get your bag bread cobs, pound a bag.... Sausage Rolls, get your sausage rolls" Very sadly missed as his patter filled the town centre

market_00000023_1.jpg

Now then we also have "Dick Tracy" who wonders around town in a long trench coat, umbrella and dick tracy hat, not only does he look like Dick Tracy he also thinks he is a spy.

Very often seen and overhead talking into his collar about spy stuff, once overheard him in Sainsburys cafe talking to said collar... "target aquired, he claims he works for his dad, he's lying, don't belive him, I have him in sight." I then talked into my collar, he **** it and left, the wife hit me for being cruel..... Lol

Dull we got a spar,5 curry houses,chipshop about to become 2 and 4 hairdressers shopsa nut house that the residents get out of and sit by the traffic lights smoking and pressing the stop/walk button on the lights lol

My missus used to call this one guy 'warewolf man' because of the huge amounts of hair he possesed. However, warewolf man now has a warewolf girl, who appears to not be as fond of the hair, so most of it has gone. He still wonders around wearing the same cheap clothes with carrier bag in hand.

Mines a **** hole, if anyone watched on channel 4 last night 'make Bradford British' will see what I mean

Not talking of Mansfield surely ?! It is a proper dump, full of scaggs and I hate living here. It's only my job and family that keeps me here.

Not talking of Mansfield surely ?! It is a proper dump, full of scaggs and I hate living here. It's only my job and family that keeps me here.

Close, no i'm talking mansfields posh neighbour, Sutton :rofl:

Redcar - pretty much poundshops, takeaways, and amusements at the moment. Not as busy as it used to be more and more bag heads wandering about.

But the council are putting long overdue serious money into the town with a new seafront regeneration vertical pier and more facilities