What's wrong!?!

jakehewitt

North East Rep
Right cars been knacked for the last couple months now and finally narrowed it down to a few fault codes left to resolve. Could any of you techies be able to throw some idea/experiences at me please :smile:

234: throttle potentiometer circuit track 2 open or short to 12v - current

242: track 1 pedal sensor circuit incoherence - stored

535: track 2 pedal sensor circuit short 12v - stored

538: track 2 pedal sensor circuit short to 12v - current

249: track 1 pedal sensor circuit component in poor condition - current

426: motorized throttle unit control, micro breaks - stored

Any help is welcome please, would like to get this sorted as I'm slowly starting to get sick of the car :/

Accellorator pedal sensor mine was the same does yours flash up injection fault ?
noticed you have a sprint booster that's wired into the wiring going to the same sensor it will be one or the other . Unplug sprint booster and try it if not I'd buy a pedal lower spec clio one works but not correctly as the pedal sits to high and comes with a plastic pedal and it's a lot more responsive I've tried it but there a lot cheaper to diagnose with you can pick them up for 20 quid

ebay item no 171175974695 is the correct one

Last edited:
Sprintbooster came off but made no difference, if anything its worse. Yeah it does come up as injection fault though. Is that just a new throttle pedal then?

I had the first 5 of your codes and a new pedal cured it I can't guarantee it will fix yours but 99% sure it will the sixth code I think it come up because the throttle body is getting a bad signal from the pedal so that should go to

any one near you got a clio 3 it's only 3 bolts to swop to be 100%

Yeah ill ask Mike to see if I can borrow his at the weekend, if that cures it ill order a new pedal. Cheers mate :thumbup:

also worth checking that the contacts in the multi-plug haven't been pushed out or of contact on both the loom and pedal...

Have you removed the throttle body and put the standard one on, as ive noticed your running the ported one, that could be faulty

Swapped throttle pedal tonight, made no difference at all, still went into limp mode after a couple minutes. What I did notice though when I was taking mikes off compared to mine was the plug that goes into the pedal his clipped in whereas mine just slid off. Would that make a difference to the connection at all or not?

I don't think it could be the throttle body like mate, it's been on the car for about a year now and Havnt had a problem with it yet. Or a problem with the car until now!

Even so, one or two of the throttle bodies have gone faulty after vring messed with. For the sake of 5 mins to change i would be looking at that, especially you now have changed the pedal and its done nothing

SHE LIVES!!! well so far, going to give her a bit of driving till I'm confident that she's fully sorted
Ryan197, your a star!

I'm having the same trouble with mine atm, what was causing your problem [MENTION=5005]jakehewitt[/MENTION] ?

Was my enlarged throttle body mate, changed it back to standard and hasn't played up since [MENTION=4352]Mason[/MENTION]

Been having this code come up check injection lose all throttle and misfires turn ignition on and off and might be fine might not be all very random anyone got any ideas
Have a look at cylinder 4s coil pack for water ingress, the washers tend to leak onto them causing water to pool above them. Cylinders run 1-4 from the flywheel (gearbox) end