What's Next?

I bought my 197 about two months ago for a fun little day to day car. My weekend is a Evo 9 MR RS.

The mods done do far are.
KTR pro system
KTR Sports Cat
KTR ITG induction air box
KTR ReMap

What is the next step with the car. Cams, if so who is best to under take the work? (I am in the midlands but don't mind traveling) I like the idea of the Shrick cams but do KTR do these? Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Many thanks Si

V6 airbox and then cams would realistically be the last of the "reasonably priced" mods.

You ever thought of fidling with the chassis? Coilovers? Bigger brakes?

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have been thinking about the chassis etc. I have Nitrons Race on the evo. I am thinking maybe KW V3 and maybe some AP's up front. It has 25mm spacers all round at the moment!?

I'd go for some new pads but wouldn't really bother with discs.

To get cams fitted in the midlands try Fred at BTM (Birmingham) or Jamsport or TDF who are both peterborough direction so a bit closer than KTEC

I will prob do a fair few track days so really want to get the brakes better. I have Alcons all round on the Evo and when I jump in the Clio I almost go straight on with the wooden brakes!?

Matched inlets I could have done at the same time as cams? Do Jamsport know there 197's well?

I'd go for some new pads but wouldn't really bother with discs.

To get cams fitted in the midlands try Fred at BTM (Birmingham) or Jamsport or TDF who are both peterborough direction so a bit closer than KTEC

ditch the itg induction airbox, as quiet frankly there **** on the clio, get the clio v6 airbox if your after noise and slight increase in performance.

Brakes = no point waste of money the disks yes AP 2 piece are nice and strong. As for cams catcam are reasonably priced and do slightly more lumpy than standard so you don't get major issues in mapping, airbox no point. Kwv3's would be the best ever thing you will buy to improve handling and u know about sticky Tyres lol 

I will prob do a fair few track days so really want to get the brakes better. I have Alcons all round on the Evo and when I jump in the Clio I almost go straight on with the wooden brakes!?

Matched inlets I could have done at the same time as cams? Do Jamsport know there 197's well?

New pads make a massive difference on the clio, the brembos + uprated pads are by far the best brakes I've ever experienced (Have never had APs/Alcons etc though). I can't really see any reason to uprate the calipers.

Jamsport do know the clio quite well, have a read through here: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10060

Matt at TDF (Just down the road from jamsport) is probably the best person to map it

They done my schricks and mapped them. They have done all my work. Check my project thread. (supercharged one)

Dose the V6 air box sound good?

i dont know from experience, but despite what ktr and any other company say induction kits reduce the power output, some as much as 10bhp+, i know the clio v6 if any loses only a little before a remap.