What would be the best 200 to "invest" in

ashtons99

Gold Member
Im really enjoying the 197 and to be honest it has a spec I will struggle to replicate in another rs but I am just contemplating whether it may be worth looking out for "the ideal car" from the outgoing model.

So what would suggestions be. Is the raider the one to buy or just a high spec full fat cup equipped car

Any ideas.

Alien green or storm grey

Cup chassis

Speed lines

Projector lights

Cup/gt spoiler

All the toys inside

I'd have the above over a raider any day

There will be no better one to invest in. Only ones that will sell better i.e ones with cup chassis, recaros, climate etc etc! AG, LY and UR that are well specced would be what i would do.

The limited run 200's dont mean anything and i dont think sell any better or worse than a normall 200 because there isnt anything special about them. Other than the raider but matt paint is a biatch!! No thanks lol

What would you say to a.....

Storm grey
Recaros
Speedlines
Black roof
Sprint spoiler
Privacy glass
Akrapovic EVO exhaust
Kw v3s
330mm brakes
Braided lines
Remap

That's what I have. Make me an offer lol

What would you say to a.....

Storm grey
Recaros
Speedlines
Black roof
Sprint spoiler
Privacy glass
Akrapovic EVO exhaust
Kw v3s
330mm brakes
Braided lines
Remap

That's what I have. Make me an offer lol

We could get away without having to change the name on the V5:blush:hmy:

Cheapest you can buy, strip it, and set it up to be a real track toy, forget trying to hold value or 'worth' and use the things for their real purpose. Theres never gonna be a mk3 model thats going to be a stand out money spinner

The best one to invest in would be the cheapest one you can find because it is the one you will lose least money on in the long run.

probably investment is not the word im looking for. Perhaps more of a car which will stand out as the more desirable of the Mk3

I personally thinks it all comes down to personal taste with the 200 as far as picking a colour goes, obviously the more toys you can get on it the better but I doubt that because none of the limited edition runs stand out much more than the 'standard' ones there would be one that could be conceived as a future classic so to speak. I may be totally wrong but its just how I view it :smile:

None of the 200's will be an investment!

^^ This.. No 200 or 197 will be an investment, its just a Clio when all said and done.

If you bought a new one and mothballed it you may see a return on your investment in 30 years but not much. You certainly won't see them commanding prices like the Lancia Deltas

Last edited:
probably investment is not the word im looking for. Perhaps more of a car which will stand out as the more desirable of the Mk3

Then that would be a full fat with all the options, as others have said AG or SG as they are pretty rare. Although to be fair AG is rare cos not many people actually like it enough to buy it. Personally I think its a great colour but I wouldn't have one.

Get one of the last pre reg ones knocking about.

There are nine with cup chassis & recaros but they are £13,999 with delivery milage.

Would say the last 'unique' mk3 was the F1 R27 particularly in Liquid Yellow. They don't really command much of a premium but they are really the only actually special limited edition they've ever done, despite being then maybe slightly overshadowed performance/setup wise by the 200.

Beyond that if you can find a White Gordini they're pretty rare and unlike the usual blue ones (no offence) probably don't divide opinions quite so much, like people have said Alien Green 200's are pretty rare and coveted.

They'll all depreciate massively, though less than from new if you buy 2nd hand.