What would be the best 200 to "invest" in

As allready said, investment is probably the wrong word to use.

Ask yourself what you want to do with it and how long your planning on keeping it.

I spent £8k on mine, i'm not planning on letting it go so even when they get down to about £2k i dont want to think about it but i'll have hopefully had years of enjoyment out of it.

Lets say you bought a 197/200 with less than 10k miles on it, kept it in a warm garage for 15 years, it might be worth what you've paid for it or if your lucky a little bit more but what sort of enjoyment would you have got out of it, i like looking at my car but not in that way :rofl:

Would say the last 'unique' mk3 was the F1 R27 particularly in Liquid Yellow. They don't really command much of a premium but they are really the only actually special limited edition they've ever done, despite being then maybe slightly overshadowed performance/setup wise by the 200.

Beyond that if you can find a White Gordini they're pretty rare and unlike the usual blue ones (no offence) probably don't divide opinions quite so much, like people have said Alien Green 200's are pretty rare and coveted.

They'll all depreciate massively, though less than from new if you buy 2nd hand.

Agree with the White Gordini being rare. Not sure that the R27 is unique though, nor is it limited edition, yes it has a numbered plaque but more of these were made and sold than the non limited edition standard car that was available at the time.

Although people joke about the limited editions since the R27 they have actually been more limited in numbers and received the same spec upgrades that the R27 did. No doubt the Silverstones and Raiders will be more desirable in 20 years because of this.

Since the Raiders look like they've not been lacquered, and they'll be a pain in the arse to maintain (especially when they get lower priced and in to the second hand market and the owners care less), I'd go with either a Silverstone or an SG 200 with all the options ticked.