What tyres

bm147

Paid Member
What tyres have people got on their 197's and also is there anywhere that is quite cheap for tyres?

Camskill tyres are the cheapest place I have found for tyres online. If you find a cheaper price elsewhere they will match it.

With regard to which tyre, I cant really help too much. From what I have read Toyo T1Rs and the standard Conti 3s are good enough.

camskill is ok, and i advise to you the hankook rs2!! fantastic!!

great grip and after 25' in track them are consumed uniformly!

camskill is ok, and i advise to you the hankook rs2!! fantastic!!

great grip and after 25' in track them are consumed uniformly!
Hanhook RS2 = :thumbdown:
I drive Bridgestone RE070 in 225 45 17
100rounds Hockenheim, 35rounds Nürburgring GP, over 50rounds Nordschleife and over 10000km street 8) and very good grip

Tyre would be for general driving in and around london... Some motorway trips but not many.

Want good grip so i can obviously chuck it round corners...

Based on what your using them for then toyo tr1 the conti sport contact 3,

If you want to budget a bit then Falken 452's are great,

Also i had vredestein Ultrac sessanta's on my R32 and they were awesome to say the least but not sure if they come in the size,

Pete

Camskill tyres are the cheapest place I have found for tyres online. If you find a cheaper price elsewhere they will match it.

With regard to which tyre, I cant really help too much. From what I have read Toyo T1Rs and the standard Conti 3s are good enough.

" Just to say i have toyo T1-r's and they are the best tyres for handling especially in the wet, but they do have there downside. Depending on how you drive the dont last overly long. I went through a front set in 3500 miles and 7000 miles on the rear. Ialso bought these from camskill as they were cheapest and the sent them out within 3 days, i would recomend them "

cheers

Keep the continental sport contact 3, if you must change the the Dunlop sport maxx TT has had good reviews on the 197.

R1R + 197 = bliss. Remember taking it for a trash in the twisties after I put them on, felt like playing a playstation game. Never ending grip.

Generally, the right tyre for the Clio is the best you can lay hands on. It really shines with a good rubber. If you can get R888, get it. You'll love it.

Keep the continental sport contact 3, if you must change the the Dunlop sport maxx TT has had good reviews on the 197.

Can you give me a link for this review (if you remember it)?

I have a set of those and the grip is good at dry and wet but i'm having serious problems getting them up to temperature,especially in the winter.

Also i had vredestein Ultrac sessanta's on my R32 and they were awesome to say the least but not sure if they come in the size,

Pete

they come in 225/45/17 as I have got them on mine. Really great tyre, and relatively cheap compared to other stuff :thumbup1: