what to look for?

Hi, i am a newbie coming from a corsa vxr nurburgring edition.

Im looking to buy a clio 197 and im wanting to know what are the main options people tend to go for?

Im wanting a decent specced one and dont want to buy one that hasnt got the essentials, best wheels etc lol.

Also what problems shal i look for when viewing?

Thanks for any help.

Nice car you have, why the change?

There is a thread somewhere but I'm on tapatalk at the mo.

I'd look at a 200 if you can?

Cup chassis is a must to most as are recaros but watch for wear.

Anything else is personal choice.

Nice car you have, why the change?

There is a thread somewhere but I'm on tapatalk at the mo.

I'd look at a 200 if you can?

Cup chassis is a must to most as are recaros but watch for wear.

Anything else is personal choice.

Thanks mate, im just wanting to know the basics, i really like the red r27 but they are all nice.

Im changing because i just fance something else, i have had a corsa vxr nearly four years now and i am just wanting to know what all the clio hype is about haha. Plus i need to lower my monthly payments a little as the nurburgring is quite expensive, plus i got nearly every option including full heated leather so its quite a chunk out of my wage at the end of the month.
Insurance is cheaper with the clio too :smile:

I prefere the 197 shape mate, the 200 is nice but for some reason i just like the 197.

Check the buyers guide in the forum you posted in. Right at the top. I also put a nice r27 in your thread.

The 200 is quite an improvement over the 197 even though they are essentially the same car.

In short they ironed out all the little things you can once you have had a car out for some time.

Don't get me wrong the 197 is a cracking car and you will love it.

It will seem slower than the VXR and you have to work it, hard! to get it to shift but its very, very rewarding and it should be better handling and breaking (as in more predictable) from what i have read.

I took the 200 the last couple of days and couldn't believe how gutless is was and remembered i wasn't driving my daily.

I waited for it to get warmed up and let it have it and it soon had me smiling again.

I've come from a turbo car so you'll find it feels very very slow! If you pedal it enough it knocks on to 90 quick enough.

But bloody hell the brakes! And the corners, amazing

I have 2 mates with Corsa VXR and both wish they'd have had the 197s instead.They both got BMW now cause of the costs of owning one of them