What springs are these? Clio 200 (2012)

JMR

Paid Member
I've looked through the other threads on here telling people what colour springs are for what particular model.

I have a 2012 (62) Clio 200. Non-cup on standard factory suspension/springs.

One rear spring (off side) has broken and I need to get a pair of replacements.

Pics attached.
48559623187_f152733df9_b.jpgIMG_2785
by *JMR*, on Flickr

48559623437_17cb8db162_b.jpgIMG_2784
by *JMR*, on Flickr

I can see that there are two orange rings around the spring, but what relevance does the little splash of blue have ????? Its the same on the o/s and n/s

My local Renault dealer is ordering blue/orange springs for me on Monday.
But from the guides on here, it looks like they should be orange/orange.

Taken from Clio200.net guide
197 non-cup front: blue/green
197 non-cup rear: orange/orange
197 cup front: blue/orange
197 cup rear: blue/orange
200 non-cup front: blue/yellow
200 non-cup rear: orange/orange <--- Thought it should be this one?
200 cup front: blue/violet
200 cup rear: blue/orange

Hopefully an expert will be on soon to give some advice.
Cheers
James

I have 2 rear springs that came off my 2011 200 if you want them instead of buying new?

Thanks for the offer mate - but I reckon an 11 plates springs are just as likely to fail suddenly as my 62 plate springs.
As one has gone I'm expecting its only a matter of time before the n/s spring says bye bye

Does anyone know the significance of the little blue splash of paint over the orange/orange ???

I'm going to tell me dealer to order orange/orange tomorrow and want to know its correct.
I'm confident I don't have a cup, as the calipers are just silver and the ride height doesn't look like cup ride height.

Probably should have a quick look at the colours of the front springs, if they match blue/yellow on the list above then that would mean th back should be orange orange.

Well I've just been out and checked the colour of the springs on the front of my car and they agree with what I expected to see.

Fronts non cup - blue/ yellow

I'm going to call the dealer in the morning and make sure they get me a pair of orange/orange ones in.

Called the dealer who logged a Technical Query with Renault UK for my chassis.

RUK say the part i need is definitely a blue/orange spring.

Cant say I'm convinced but if I order the orange/orange ones I've got to have them if they're right or wrong, as they're non stock items.
If the blue/orange ones are wrong, they can send them back and re-order the other ones.

Only issue is I don't really think I'll know if they're right or wrong until I've brought them home and tried to fit them.

AFAIK the Cup springs are 30% stiffer than the standard 200 rear springs which could mess up the handling.
Will report back - springs on back order anyway, will be about a week before there in.

thats a cup spring , and the blue mark looks a lot like a paint marker check

Whats a cup spring - my photo or the blue/orange that Renault are getting for me ?
Thing is the dealer sent RUK my photos attached above and they seem to have disregarded them, and these pictures are the original springs.

I guess they just work to what the computer says.

Well today the springs turned up that Renault UK technical insisted were the correct ones for my car.

Blue/ Orange springs.

Dealer has contacted RUK technical and simply asked the question, can you tell me the part numbers for the Orange/ Orange springs and order me two please.

They're on back order, should be here in 5 days or so, coming over from France.

So with a bit of luck next week I may be able to get hem fitted.

FFS I hope they're the same as the orange/orange ones I've got on :sweatsmile:

I never got round to reporting further on my springs. Poor form sorry

Got the orange/orange springs after 3/4 days.
Me and my mate stuck the car up on the ramps at lunch time and removed both rear springs and fitted both the new ones in about 15 minutes flat.

Easy job.

Car drove perfect as soon as they were on.
Been on about 3 months now and are spot on. No difference to before. Other than its not broken lol :tongueclosed: