what size of silicone hose do I need?

Can anyone tell me what diameter the standard induction pipe is, I am getting a custom set up ready but just need to get a 45 degree bend for my massive bmc to fit.. Also what diamter caf will I order?

what bmc you fitting? the cda kit, as this was tried by an old member and lost about 20bhp when it went to be remapped

20 bhp? I find it hard to believe, its massive off a 182, its no any different from an itg really if you think about it. Got cold air feed going to the grill

I believe a k and n appollo which was tiny lost a considerable amount of power, the only bmc I seen was a custom set up which made good gains, he for some reason after a while developed a fault after fitting it I think it was a mapping fault ( I wil look for it now)

Serious, it was a albi blue one, i think he worked for renault, i think matt at tdf took it off put the standard back on mapped it and i think it gained 20bhp over all from when it went in with the bcm on. I had one on my 172 and to be fair i wasnt that inpressed. Just thought i would give an opinion on it as £180 is alot of money to waste.

I got it of a mates 182 was going to buy a bit of piping to see how good it was, its not like I'm waisting 180 quid or that, but if its as bad as you say I might no bother! Can see how an itg can get gains while other things cant

If you look at itg, that only works well when using a smaller battery and the box goes over the battery to the headlight, this bmc thou went behind and had air temp sensor from the plenum connected to the airbox. Its in that thread i posted, might give you an idea what not to do

What is the wiring into the airbox for? Weird! I just wanted to try something different but seems a waste of time now seen that! I was going to run the bmc along the back of the battery ( no pointing down the way as pictured) and have trumpet removed with cold air feed down to the grill

^ did you do that last weekend, one of my mates said you had the front off your car most of the day

Henderson myn would be exactly the same really but with a 45 bend so it ran along the back of standard battery, with cold air feed going the same route.

What is the wiring into the airbox for? Weird! I just wanted to try something different but seems a waste of time now seen that! I was going to run the bmc along the back of the battery ( no pointing down the way as pictured) and have trumpet removed with cold air feed down to the grill

thats the inlet air temp sensor - been moved from the cast alloy inlet manifold to the after market air box...

Ah I see doubt that would be giving good readings! Thanks smoggy finally got an answer from someone! Will give it a go and see if its good or not