What size dry cell battery?

TB Rich

Paid Member
Couldn't find much but I know loads of you guys are running dry cell batteries.

Did see the Red Top 15 mentioned but looking for recommendations for a daily driven car please. I need to free up room for an ITG induction kit but looking for a battery that wont risk compromising the car starting etc.

Cheers,

I looked into them but ending up fitting the maxogen behind the battery. I know people do run the RT 15 and 25. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419779810.428983.jpg

This is one of the reasons I'm leaning towards a KTR.

Interested into how you get on though, I'm in a similar situation.

Red top 15 will start the car on std engine no problems 25 will be better if you start modding like higher compression ect get a oddesey battery tho slightly better quality

Thanks, yeah it'll be running forged pistons so roughly 12.5:1 I would guess.

I think the Odyssey PC950 looks like the one to go for then, just hope it'll give enough room.

EBay 121273253589 has work absolutely fine for me, only problem I ever had was when it does when it was left for a few weeks, quick charge and it was spot on again

Been running a Fullriver AGM (same size as an Odyssey 680) for 3 years without a single issue, only weighs 6kg too.

acc_battery_lg_zps401989d4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
That eBay one is cheap, not heard of them but tempting to take a punt.

Seems like most people are using the smaller types with out issue then.

Mine regularly sits around for up to 2 weeks between race meetings without being started & always fires up first time, it's never needed a charge in 3 years.

Good to know. I work from home and sometimes dont use the car for a week so having a couple of weeks standby is good to have.

I'll order the ITG first and then measure up with the battery removed, I'll for as big as I can but looks like I'll be fine at PC680/Red Top15 sizes if I can't get bigger.

That 1kg one is nuts though, compared to an OE battery that's a crazy weight saving :smile:

Yes the comparable lithium ion batteries are only around 1kg but they do need to be maintained. That's not an issue with AGM batteries although they do weigh around 6-7kg, which is still way better than the oem lead acid things that are 12-15kg.
Swapping out the antiquated oem lead acid battery should be one of the first mods you do to any car imo.

Last edited: