What petrol do you use?

Rishi

Platinum Member
I've had a Clio3 1.6 for 5 years & always aim to get Shell V Power in there unless im on a road trip & i haven't come across a Shell garage so have to settle for less, when i do that i find that i definitely lose some throttle response & general liveliness, so im sure with my 197 im going to only feed her the best food

Tesco also have a 99ron petrol but they only have it at big stores...

What petrol do you guys like to use?

Apologize if this is the wrong section, mods feel free to move it :wink:

Cheers for the link, did the 200 scratch the itch that the 1.6 Dynamique S wasn't satisfying?

Im on my way to possibly get my 197 this morning :smile:

Not sure what the 1.6 was like but I had a DCI(86), and I would say very much yes even though I was used to the acceleration of a bike.

102 octane FTW, every tank full is 102. it's never been ran on less than 99 ron, which was vpower to get me out to germany, then 102 since :smile:

stu.

regular 95, i go though a full tank a week , im not going to pay even sillier prices for 99, and it doesnt make much difference anyway.

I usually run mine on Sainsbury's Super Unleaded, as it seems to be just as good as any other Super that ive tried (including Shell etc), but costs alot less.

Recently though, been running it on Morrisons 95ron, as Sainsburys petrol station has been shut to be done up.

V Power and only V Power. :wink:

I've been driving for 5 years and I've only once used anything else in all my cars. That was Total Excillium in the Lake District because I couldn't find a Shell. :smiley:

I stick any old rubbish in mine, it goes in one end and then straight out the other I use a tank full a week like Clairemae and am too tight to pay for the 99ron stuff as when I have used it I haven't noticed any difference what-so-ever.

when I have used it I haven't noticed any difference what-so-ever.

can't agree with that i'm afraid. even if it is 10p a litre more expensive, over a tank of fuel, that's only a fiver...
i see it as feeding yourself absolute crap, just cause it's the cheapest option. but then again, i've come from jap cars, and i've felt the difference on every single one i've had.

If i did a full tank per week i might think about using less than 99 but a full tank of V-Power would last me up to 3 weeks (in my previous 1.6 anyway)

I got half a tank of tesco momentum right now in my 197 & its all fine, V-Power has been & will be my preference though, i think in the 1.6 it makes more difference as then you need all the help you can get but in the 197 you put your foot down = you go fast.

In my 1.6 i could 100% tell the difference when i put less than 99 in there, i doubt i could tell the difference in the 197, not after 2 days anyway :wink:

Sainsburys super.

It's the cheapest super, I get nectar points and I get vouchers at 5% discount through work.

For a similar reason i reckon ill start travelling the extra distance to tescos that have momentum to fill up, at least then i'll get some good clubcard points & earn some money off of food aswell, the reward/point amounts with V-Power are pants, then again i only commute 5 miles per day round trip so never used too much of it.

Get yourself a Tesco Credit Card and pay for your Tescos fuel using that and your Clubcard....double points!

I only use Momentum.

I'm another fan of vpower I made sure the dealer put some in before I picked the car up and it's all I will use. I normally get a fiver voucher every quarter for my loyalty!! I see no point putting crappy fuel in there as it doesn't last as long and performance suffers..