What oil do you use??

hi to all!

i open this thread to have more info on the best oil for our 197/200...

the STD oil is a 5w40 elf..

@the first check-up, my friend tell me to change it with prolong 15w50... what do you think??

anyone has tried a 15w50? :confused1:

around, other my friends telll me that i can lose some power with 15w50.. is true...??

monday i go to mount my H&R and i can re-change my oil with a motul x-cess 8100 15w50..... Advise me please....

i make around 8000km in a year..

just done the 36k/3yr service on mine and treated it to silkolene pro-s 5w40 - so far all is good :thumbup1:

as for oil grade to use - many modern engines are built to have minimal internal friction and some of this is from small and light weight components like valves and thinner piston rings - putting the wrong grade of oil in can cause that internal friction to increase and cause running issues and of course loss of power

other factors to consider is the climate of the country - if its hotter all year round you can use a slightly "thicker" oil and of course a colder climate a "thinner" oil - but given the muti-grades used these days the 5w40 will cover a massive temperature range

just done the 36k/3yr service on mine and treated it to silkolene pro-s 5w40 - so far all is good :thumbup1:

as for oil grade to use - many modern engines are built to have minimal internal friction and some of this is from small and light weight components like valves and thinner piston rings - putting the wrong grade of oil in can cause that internal friction to increase and cause running issues and of course loss of power

other factors to consider is the climate of the country - if its hotter all year round you can use a slightly "thicker" oil and of course a colder climate a "thinner" oil - but given the muti-grades used these days the 5w40 will cover a massive temperature range

i don't know because this my friend advise me to put this grade:confused1:..
ok, prolong is a good oil with good 10% anti-friction but in this grade i don't know...

so monday i put the motul 8100xcess 5w40:thumbup1: