What does it take to get a test drive. Grrr

I got my 197 2nd hand from that SJ Cooks dealership & I didn't think they were too bad? They even let me take it for a blast around the ring road!

Although not sure what chance I'd have of taking out their 250 for a blast!

I wish i could say the same, the guy was a bit of a nob too, when i asked him what the cup suspension was like he said, "my manager had one and had to wear a sports bra while driving it" me and my dad looked at each other and was like we dont have boobs mate lol.

Got a call back from renault uk and they said there are 2 clio 200's available to drive, one is a used 09 or 59 plate but she doesnt know if its a FF or cup and a 2011 demonstrator which she didnt know the spec but said i couldnt drive that as its in a showroom, (so why tell me i can drive it) but anyways shes ringing me back tomorrow so hopefully i may actually be able to drive one before the week is out lol

I picked up my 200 FF with cup chassis from SJ Cooks on saturday and found them very helpful! I drove the red 200 they had which i believe they still have and am going to drive it on Thursday as a comparison for a little niggle.

The red 200 they had didn't have the cup pack and found it comfortable when compared to my twingo RS with cup pack. My clio 200 has the cup pack and again the ride is hard but the bumps are absorbed so much better then the twingo. Personally i find the ride fine but totally understand that a comparison is needed, i ordered it basing the ride on the idea that their demo car was a little softer.

It's all depend on the Dealer. Went to a Renault in Middlebrought looking for the 200 for my girlfriend and the salesman was very helpful but when it come to test driving they said we have to put a deposit of £500 before they will let us have a test drive, so we just left.

Anyway about a month later we saw a ex-demo one in Newcastle and we decide to have look. Got there and walking toward the building, someone walk out to ask us what we looking for. We told she, we where looking for the 200 and pop in to get the keys. Was looking inside the car not even got in the seat yet she ask us do we want a test drive. We said yes and she was setting it up, getting the number plate sorted to go on the road cause the car was the showroom one brand new with no plate. My girlfriend test drive it and like it, so we went into the office to see which car we wanted. The one we wanted was sold in the morning so she was looking for another ex-demo one for us. While she was looking I was if I can test drive the car too, she said yes and give me the keys and carry one looking for the ex-demo. We took the car out test drive it the second time.

I was happy with the car so we decide to get a new one. Thank to she we got the Clio 200 FF.

What the f*** is wrong with these people? I had the same sort of problems last weekend at the Seat garage. Spoke to the salesman on Saturday, said I would be there around 12 and he said I could test drive it. Got there at 12.25, he was busy, waited around for 30 mins to be told that the keys were locked up in the workshop, he couldn't get them and even if he could, we couldn't drive it because it hadn't been checked over yet! Then he said he would get some prices on p/x for the Clio and ring me tomorrow (Monday). Not sure which tomorrow he was on about, but I still haven't heard from the t***! Not buying that car now! Lol !

Well just to update im going over to trobridge later on to drive a 200ff with cup pack, cant wait to see if it drives like how ive been told. I know im not gunna get a kick from the turbo like i do in my Ibiza but i cant wait to see how it handles :thumbsup:

And yeh is there a good group from bristol? and are there many local meets?

What the f*** is wrong with these people? I had the same sort of problems last weekend at the Seat garage. Spoke to the salesman on Saturday, said I would be there around 12 and he said I could test drive it. Got there at 12.25, he was busy, waited around for 30 mins to be told that the keys were locked up in the workshop, he couldn't get them and even if he could, we couldn't drive it because it hadn't been checked over yet! Then he said he would get some prices on p/x for the Clio and ring me tomorrow (Monday). Not sure which tomorrow he was on about, but I still haven't heard from the t***! Not buying that car now! Lol !

Dont get me started on SEAT dealers, blade SEAT in bristol was exactly the same, he was meant to be getting a new Ibiza cupra in for me to drive, kept saying he would get something in and then the day before he would ring up saying its not come in. This happened a couple of times and then when i drove it and sat down and talked money he under valued my car by 3k and wouldnt under value his car (had this checked by my friends dad who has his own private garage). And when he test drove mine he slipped the clutch doing a fast pull away :@

Ive ordered my new car without test driving a clio 200 or seeing the colour ive ordered :smiley:

Storm grey 200 cup with recaros mmm its not turning up until september :worried: waiting for a new car is the worst thing in the world!!

Make sure you add Cup suspension, the ride isn't harsh or crashy at all, you just feel connected to the road, which is exactly how it should be IMO!!!

Ive ordered my new car without test driving a clio 200 or seeing the colour ive ordered :smiley:

Storm grey 200 cup with recaros mmm its not turning up until september :worried: waiting for a new car is the worst thing in the world!!

You made the right choice! :thumbup:

i ferking loved the feeling of getting my new clio, it was awesome! the dealership who sold me mine deals in pretty much every other manufacturer and she couldn't do enough for me. she never pestered for a deposit once, just gave me more information than i asked for, and then said, get in touch if i can help you any further. and for that reason, she got my money! lol.

i ferking loved the feeling of getting my new clio, it was awesome! the dealership who sold me mine deals in pretty much every other manufacturer and she couldn't do enough for me. she never pestered for a deposit once, just gave me more information than i asked for, and then said, get in touch if i can help you any further. and for that reason, she got my money! lol.

Was she pretty too hahahaha! :001_tt1:

You made the right choice! :thumbup:

Im confident i wont be disappointed :smiley:

Im changing from a 182 on coilovers, from what ive read i expect the ride to be firm but cant imagine it'll be as firm as the 182 which will be fine with me :smile: it'll be the first car ive owned that i have no plans to mod!!

haha :smiley: car same as me! Haven't driven the car or seen the color either, but now after few months and yesterdays first track day I'm fully satisfied :smile: