What do you want to see on a 'special' edition?

What would you lot want to see on a limited run, end of the Clio 3 special?

For me it would be:

Special coilovers
Some sort of exhaust system that gives a better note
Meg 250 cup brakes
And a diff

ANY mechanical change, literally anything. It's so lazy just using up the parts bin for wheels and sticking on some inconvenient paint.

• 225 BHP
  • LSD
  • Cage
  • Harnesses
  • Oz's
  • Coilovers
  • R3 or V6 airbox set up
  • Race Cams
  • RS Race Exhaust
  • Special stickers
  • A numbered metal badge thing
  • Carbon
  • Free Renaultsport trackdays for year

Leather recaro's
Real leather(not plastic)or alcantara steering that won't melt.
Black roof lining would look cool too.

for me it would have to be:

LSD
Half Cage
Titanium Exhaust
Loads of Carbon Fibre

So basically R26.R Spec in a Clio 3 Shell

Clio R26R and a years free trackdays. I'd buy one.

A clio painted grey and fitted with bigger wheels (Silverstone Edition) does not warrant a £20k price tag!

The thing people dont seem to realise is that putting more power etc through a clio is not something Renault will do.

They probably spent a fair few ££££ and time on testing, honing and perfecting the clio. To add a wedge more power would change things dramatically, that would require again ££££ and time to then hone and test. (maybe not in our eyes, but to Renault themselves it would).

This would need be done as I dont think Renaultsport are willing to lose thier great reviews and respected hot hatch builders title, just to please what would probably be a very small amount of buyers.

Look at the R26.R, yes they changed a fair few things, but chassis and engine wise, it stayed mainly the same. And still, that 'ultimate' megane took quite a while to sell all examples.

Dont get me wrong, I would love to see a Clio R26.R of sorts, but i just cant see Renault doing it.

Tho it would be great to get one a little lighter, with LSD, tit exhaust and cage!

I guess thats why I am tuning my car, to be everything I want it to be.

And on a serious note...

A gearbox that doesn't fall apart like a cheap £1 toy.
Different exhaust (Akro type)

• 225 BHP
  • LSD
  • Cage
  • Harnesses
  • Oz's
  • Coilovers
  • R3 or V6 airbox set up
  • Race Cams
  • RS Race Exhaust
  • Special stickers
  • A numbered metal badge thing
  • Carbon
  • Free Renaultsport trackdays for year

Yes, this. An R27.R. :thumbup:

i'd like

1. better exhaust
2. heated seats
3. better interior design - ie:

cupholders in the front that you can get a cup in without manouvering it underneath the centre console and just a generally better interior

The thing people dont seem to realise is that putting more power etc through a clio is not something Renault will do.

I think they could for a run out model, before the new shape come out.

If they did not bring out a renaultsport model at the same time as launching a MK4.