What bulbs?

Hey guys.. got in my car tonight and turned the headlights on, started to reverse and saw a flicker and noticed my passenger side headlight had gone.. So i need it sorted quickly so this saturday will just be grabbing some bulbs from halfords. Is it a bumper off job to change the headlight bulbs? Also want to get a slightly more white bulb... or as white as i can go without going HIDS. Any recommendations?

thanks.

10836413_10152396676582610_1281279210_n.jpg

Ring xenon ultima or osram nightbreakers. I've got the ring ones . Not sure about the changing on a 200 though I'm afraid as I have a 197.

I have the Phillips diamond vision, they look quite nice, but do have a slight blue tinge which would put off some people. I quite like them but the bluey tinge does make me feel like a bit of a chav from time to time. Heres a pic to show difference compared to standard. (Sorry about the bad quality) the bulbs mentioned above are also very good.

99320d794fcf61d10038600ae3ef6de5.jpg

I have the Phillips diamond vision, they look quite nice, but do have a slight blue tinge which would put off some people. I quite like them but the bluey tinge does make me feel like a bit of a chav from time to time. Heres a pic to show difference compared to standard. (Sorry about the bad quality) the bulbs mentioned above are also very good.

99320d794fcf61d10038600ae3ef6de5.jpg

They look good, are they the none road legal ones?

I have osram nightbreakers, they're decent. Id like them a tiny bit whiter than they are though.

They look good, are they the none road legal ones?

I have osram nightbreakers, they're decent. Id like them a tiny bit whiter than they are though.

Thanks mate, they are 5k, so I'm not 100% sure. They don't seem to annoy other road users, as I never get flashed for too bright lights. I will probably swap back to standard before the MOT just to play it safe.

I'm not gonna lie I would like mine to be whiter too, I have Osram 6k side lights and they are super white. [emoji7]

Luke did you fit both new bulbs without removing the bumper? I like the look of those ^

Didn't need to remove the front bumper mate, on passenger side it will help to remove the acoustic valve and battery cover to create to room as there not much space to work. Once you done that, pull of the plastic cover behind the headlight, unplug the wiring and give the bulb a tug and it will pull out. Took me ages the first time I did it as I didn't wanna break anything. Haha driver side is so easy though.

Diamond vision

Brand:Philips
Fitting:H7
Bulb type:Styling
Voltage:12V
Wattage:55W
Road legal:No
Colour temperature:

Think ill get them when i change mine next though cos they look good

Diamond vision

Brand:Philips
Fitting:H7
Bulb type:Styling
Voltage:12V
Wattage:55W
Road legal:No
Colour temperature:

Think ill get them when i change mine next though cos they look good

Haha oops, shhhhhhhh [emoji6] do it mate, they do look good.

Didn't need to remove the front bumper mate, on passenger side it will help to remove the acoustic valve and battery cover to create to room as there not much space to work. Once you done that, pull of the plastic cover behind the headlight, unplug the wiring and give the bulb a tug and it will pull out. Took me ages the first time I did it as I didn't wanna break anything. Haha driver side is so easy though.

I wouldn't just pull. There should be a clip holding the bulb in place. :wink:

I wouldn't just pull. There should be a clip holding the bulb in place. :wink:

This is what I thought when I first done mine, I searched for some sort of clip or spring for a while but couldn't find anything, so just wiggled the bulb gently and it popped out. Maybe they are held in place different on 200 headlights compared to 197's I don't know. :smile: Didn't break anything so that the most important thing. Haha

There's no clip holding the 200 bulbs in place. Easy enough to change without removing the bumper.

Also some vandal has stuck horriffic led's to the bumper of your car.

Watching someone change the bulbs of a VW make you wonder what the french were thinking....

I have some Philips Xtreme Vision I think, but I wouldn't describe them as all that bright.

Similar Thread Suggestions