What all this about??

I see many cars put nurburgring sticker on the rear. Now is that mean they been there or they use own car on that track or lying?

But this what I see on the road with sticker on so far!

micra
Old standard Polo
range rover - not sport!
KIA
clio 1.2
saxo

Anyone can stick them on any car as you can get them everywhere
I got Evo Triangle as I have driven it lol

Over the years most peoples put renault sport badges or other sport badges on the back on normal cars - not real sport.

And now new idea is nurburgring sticker. :s

Theres an unwritten rule on northloop that you don't put the sticker on until you've been/the cars been.

But you can buy them on fleabay so can be fitted to anything really.

I too find this highly annoying, I an often tempted to ask Mr Passat diesel what time he got at the ring in his oil burner.

Its the same now with vans, no matter how many stripes, how big the alloys and what body kit its got it can will never be entitled to wear a 'sport' badge

'Ring stickers are really chavvish, tacky and outdated IMO. Everyone and their sister with a 1.2 Corsa has a 'ring sticker and it has really taken the shine off the idea.

Even if I went to the 'Ring, I wouldn't ever get one of those stickers.

There's a girl around here with a standard Punto Sporting with racing stripes and manufacturer stickers such as "Brembo" and "Sparco" up the door. She even has a 'Ring sticker on the boot to finish it off.

Who are they kidding?!

Tacky or what?!

Even if I went to the 'Ring, I wouldn't ever get one of those stickers.

Cough...I got one on mine. I was proud to go around the ring in it last year and I subscribe to the unwritten rule. Will it be there forever? As long as it makes me smile thinking about the fun I had, yes.

Do I car what other people think about it? No.

LOL

Yer most people that have them have never been round.

And I'm afraid that counts me in as well! I've stuck the map around the Renault Sport sticker on my 200, I like it so its staying on there lol

I'm not having a go Tom - just wanted to say mine is on the car for a proud emotional achievement. Not to raise my standing among the local chav hierarchy.

If I ever do Spa though - it'll get replaced!

I know you're not having a go, lol. :wink: It'd be cool to have a line of track stickers you've actually attended! :smiley:

Spa would be amazing.

I get the mick taken for having a cliosport sticker next to my 197.net sticker. Never got the thing of sticking ring stickers on the car, just attracts unwanted attention to some extent.

Maybe it's like fighter pilots painting kills on their fuselage :tongueout:

You can paint kills on the Clio only after you've installed the twin 50cal guns behind the headlights...

You can normally tell though (and so can most people who know what the Nürburgring is) if they have actually been round or not.

E.G. 1.1 saxo, chrome wipers, Halfrauds Channel Tunnel exhaust, shopping list down the side, Airbus A380 spoiler, gash body kit with a ring sticker on is far less likely to have been there than a standard 197 with a ring sticker on really :smile::smile::smile:

You can normally tell though (and so can most people who know what the Nürburgring is) if they have actually been round or not.

E.G. 1.1 saxo, chrome wipers, Halfrauds Channel Tunnel exhaust, shopping list down the side, Airbus A380 spoiler, gash body kit with a ring sticker on is far less likely to have been there than a standard 197 with a ring sticker on really :smile::smile::smile:

Shopping list down the side :rofl: