what a crap night im having...

I'm supposed to be in Leeds O2 academy watching friendly fires...and instead....

I'm sat in a car park with a tyre looking like this!....
IMAG0800.jpg
IMAG0801.jpg

Just waiting to get recovered back to my house, and my curry is going cold in the passenger footwell :worried:

Gutted mate, of all nights for it to happen... guessing the hole was too big to use the puncture cans??

time to have a spare mate!

Yeah I'm raging because I've been saying I was gonna buy a spare n keep it in the house! I'm only 2miles from home n ive already been n got my van from the house! If I was anywhere else id think about leaving the car, but not in THIS car park, id be lucky to still have WHEELS in the morning.

Think I'll buy two tyres, and keep my eyes out for a spare wheel. That's presuming whatever slashed my tyre mid corner, or the 1miles drive to somewhere safe hasnt wrecked the rim!

Ah no. :worried:

Have you got tyre insurance!?!

There's tyre insurance??

It could have been nasty giles, I hit it on 60mph country road mid corner and it slashed the tyre clean through! Could have been much worse. Once I'd got the car safe and picked up my van and went back for it, saw it on the way home but didn't want the mother parking on such a dangerous road so waited till I'd got the van and hi-vis but the damn thing dissapeared?!?! F*%k knows what it was!

Yeah if you're car is less than five years old and on less than 60,000Miles.

They pay the first £100 on every tyre you need in the case of a puncture. :wink:

I'll dig the paperwork out for you tomorrow mate and let you know, I set it up last May. They also cover the alloys for kerb/pothole damage at the same rate. It was £299 for three years cover, works out about £8 per month and you can make 10 claims in that time. So far I've had three tyres replaced, Conti's, cost me £36 each including mobile fitting. It's paid for itself already.

Sorry to see this mate. Of all the nights for this to happen, not that it should have happened in the first place anyway.

I haven't gt a spare tyre yet as I'm waiting to purchase a spare alloy to put on the fairly new budget tyre that I had taken off to out two new yokohamas on, deffinately going to get alloy tho as I dnt want this to happen to me, although I know sometimes it's out of our control.

Hope ur bk running soon.

Chris

Not bad! So far I've been ok with the Clio, my fiesta van has had two new wheels and about 4 tyres in the last 18months!

Just an update, I got recovered back to my house. Two young lads who were asking all about the cli, but slagged the amount of renaults they recover :foxspeed:lol!

I even made it to the gig!! I dropped the car home and blasted to Leeds, reckon I missed the first song or two, and I had to drive (it wa the gf's turn, but she's not insured on the van :worried: ).

Great gig though :smile: :thumbsup:

Mixed emotions for you mate.........
At least you didn't end up in a ditch and your'e ok.........
Plus you still got to see the Fires!!! (great band BTW)

Mixed emotions for you mate.........
At least you didn't end up in a ditch and your'e ok.........
Plus you still got to see the Fires!!! (great band BTW)

Yeah mate they were really good! Better than I expected but I just can't watch the lead singer with a straight face lol!

Back on thread- IMO EVERY car should carry a space saver at least
They aint that heavy- do the job , will work towards getting one for mine