Welsh Blast!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
Went to Barmouth on Wednesday night and all I can say is what a drive! Awsome roads and fairly quiet. Even when I did come across the odd car, it was easy to overtake, they only seemed to appear when I got to the straights!

Managed to shave a staggering 35 minutes off the time that was quoted on google maps! Car was brilliant. Although, having moved my new Hankooks to the rear and put the old Contis on the front to use them so I get rid of them quicker, I am so glad I chose to change to the Hankooks.

Second gear booting it up to the red line, I started to loose traction at 50 mph. Wtf? I know it was a bit wet, but the Clio doesn't quite have 200 bhp and I just don't expect the tyres to be struggling for grip in second at speed. Maybe taking off, but not at 50 mph.

Anyway, Thursday I drove from Barmouth to Snowdon and that was a nice hour drive, although it was difficult to keep up a decent pace due to traffic and very narrow roads. Got a couple of pictures by the side of the road.

DSC05261.jpg

DSC05262.jpg

I didn't hang around too long, as the Nissan X-Trail I passed about 10 minutes before I stopped went passed and I didn't want the task of passing any of the other slow cars I already had done ealier! Lol!

Then had the drive back from Capel Cruig to home, along the A5. Started well, but tailed off in the middle, with far too many cars on the road.

But all in all, a good couple of days for driving and I would strongly recommend for anyone considering driving it themselves.

MPG when I got home was 27 for the whole trip. Bad, but considering that a good bit of time was spent in the power band, not too bad!

Thanks Roy. I love the first pic, I think it is one of my favourite ever pictures. My car looks so wide, low and aggressive! Can't wait to get the spoiler on now, I rang my brother ealier and he said it had been delivered. Haven't seen it myself yet!

Thanks Roy. I love the first pic, I think it is one of my favourite ever pictures. My car looks so wide, low and aggressive! Can't wait to get the spoiler on now, I rang my brother ealier and he said it had been delivered. Haven't seen it myself yet!
who is fitting it for ya?
look good when its on:drool:

Evans Halshaw in Wolverhampton. They did the reapirs to the paintwork for me. They're Ford, but do all makes and models. My dad knows the workshop manager there, so I get a good price and they did a good job last time.

I've just got back form taking it to them. It will be painted on Tuesday and then I'm going to arrange for it to be fitted about a week or 2 after. I don't think it'll cost too much to have done and he said it would probably only take an hour to fit.

Not even sure if a 197 can go from South Wales to the triangle in 30 mins, sure its in North Wales!

The roads I drove weren't even the best ones! There are some really great roads around North Wales. The best drive I have ever been on is from the A5 through knockin to Bala, then on to Porthmadog. I would have gone that way on the way there or back, but I was unfortunately restricted by time. I would urge anyone to go, but you are best going earlier in the morning or in the evening when the traffic is lighter.

I can't do next Sunday (5th Sept), the Sunday after (12th Sept), the Sunday after that is The Midlands Breakfast Club and World Series Renault, the Sunday after that (26th Sept) I am in Devon with family for a little break again.

So, I propose Sunday 3rd October. Will double check the date with the other half and anyone else who I may be booked in with (lol) and let every one know for definate.

Is everyone else thinking at this moment in time that this date would be suitable for those who would like to come? I think an early start would be best to avoid traffic.

i would recommend re posting arran in the meets section so u get more hits. EVO triangle?

Similar Thread Suggestions