200: Well... its dead

As some may know, i have not had the car long!

since i have had it, its always had the well know flat spot at 2.5k (this being down to the fact it has a removed center box). and has always been worse when the car was cold, normally first thing in the morning.

but today, car was.. warmish. just plodding along about 35 in a 40 enjoying the sun and... bang flat spot started, then seemed to turn into a missfire. Apllied more throttle and rev range would not move, dropped gear and full throttle then started to drop and die popping and farting even with FT. then one big bang sound from the underside of the car. engine cut out, and car would no longer start.

i am hoping its nothing to big.. but the thing that is getting me is, if its a big job. my car has warranty and was sold to me as "stock" then in my owner ship i now know it has the centre box removed. will they use this to get out of paying?

you can tell the work is not new. spesh for the time i have had the car :worried:

steven

Doesn't sound great.... It depends what is actually wrong with it, could be something completely unrelated to the centre box being removed or a direct consequence of it.

I guess you'll have to wait for the garage's reply and go from there?

when i rang them to say i am dropping the car off.. they said thats fine and i should have it back tomorrow. as though they knew what was up with it :s

ah well.. :/

would it still run on 3 cylinders thou if it was a coilpack, sounds to me its thrown a rod

+1, mine went recently and sounded very similar. But on top of this I had the fexis from the manifold go.

tbh on the little time it ran after the bang.. it sounded like it was blowing

I'd weld/ or buy a new exhaust with a centre box - then hand it in.

Then hey presto - no warranty voidness

they already have the car, hopefuly they are nice and believe that how they sold it to me.

Sounds like a coil pack has gone pop.

i hope it is just this :worried:

Thats a shame but doubt they will even no the center box is removed so should be ok8)

i hope so. they might pick up on the noise once its started though.. my luck they will lol

Well just popped to to have words and see what the crack is as they said they would ring me this morning. I rang them and they said they would ring me back.. waited 3 hours, So got a lift up!

They havnt even touched the car yet. Still sat in the same place.. and said it might be a week till they look at it. And they will not even give me a car to drive around in..

Thumbs down from me.. poor service!

^^ As above, get on to Renault. When my fuel pump went it was similar to what your saying just without the bang, it just kind of died.