200: Well.. I almost died.

Err that's exactly how you should think driving on the road tbh. Christ knows I like an enthusiastic drive but having the thought process that either a slow moving car or another loon on a jaunt is potentially around the corner is what you need to consider, every time you drive the car, fast or not.

Of course I appreciate genuine mistakes and accidents happen, and for those times I believe your comment kinda makes sense that you can't worry too much. But given the context of this thread that if you are out driving fast and have an error like this (not seen video granted, but gather he slid out to the other side of the road!), then clearly he was driving beyond his own ability. None of us should advise he not worry about the consequences here!!

Did is you even read what I was quoting?

If every time someone made a mistake it dropped there confidence then there would be more accidents, often on the road I find un-progressive and nervous driving can lead to more mistakes.

If you are expecting every driver to expect a mother and child crossing the road round every corner, everyone would be driving at 10mph.

Yes of course, I'm paraphrasing now but essentially the context is; he spammed out across the side of the road and then retrospectivley thought, "oh **** I could have hit something, gee that would be bad". To which you responded "you dont need to think like that".
I'm not some high horse ****, but I've been driving long enough to know that the road is not the place for medals and hero status, just knock it back a peg - this is directed to OP not you so dont get touchy. I'm sure you drive fine. But I'm just saying don't make the loons even more gung-ho and not worry about their actions. These folk will hit you or I one day.

I'll try and remember this. I don't think I'll need to use it again now though. I've not driven enthusiastically since. Won't be long before I get the itch and I'll book myself in for a track day.

Err that's exactly how you should think driving on the road tbh. Christ knows I like an enthusiastic drive but having the thought process that either a slow moving car or another loon on a jaunt is potentially around the corner is what you need to consider, every time you drive the car, fast or not.

Of course I appreciate genuine mistakes and accidents happen, and for those times I believe your comment kinda makes sense that you can't worry too much. But given the context of this thread that if you are out driving fast and have an error like this (not seen video granted, but gather he slid out to the other side of the road!), then clearly he was driving beyond his own ability. None of us should advise he not worry about the consequences here!!

It was a genuine mistake. I've driven the car harder than that I just failed to account the road surface which to be fair, was total shyte. Yes, it's down to inexperience and yes, I shat myself thinking that some poor woman could have been on the other side of the road. If I hit a lorry, I wouldn't have cared so much, just my wallet and bank balance would have taken a huge blow.

I am taking all the advice on board though. I appreciate the genuine comments and replies and the fact that mostly everyone has kept it to this thread. I've learned a very big lesson, Gents.

Just to clarify to everyone. I was not ragging the cars tits off at the time. I just approached a junction far too fast which caused me to lockup. The origins of the thread was to receive valuable feedback on how to control the car in a situation like that.

By no means was I planning to go around that corner fast, it just turned out like that.

no fair play, it happens and you are being repsonsilbe enough to think about the bigger picture so credit where it's due mate.

tbh it's only through chance I havent binned it in to people before over the years, but now I'm older (31) and have kids etc you start to realise when and where is appropriate to do so, which you are congnisant of.

I like the cut of your jib. lol!

In terms of upping your game so you can really enjoy sprited fun, if you havent already get out on track mate, especially wet track days which I find great fun.

My intention was not to alleviate any wrong doing, merely avoiding any confidence in the road/car being knocked, as I pointed out earlier, nervous driving is an easy way for mistakes to happen. Not condoning the way he was driving, he's old enough to know it was bad driving, hence why he was brave enough to post a video like that for constructive critism.

edit: nor was I attempting to be rude to you, everyone is entitled to an opinion, just so happens that ours were different.

I agree with Chris, good on you for being man enough to admit that you've made a mistake and also post the video on here. You probably knew you'd get good and bad comments, but kudos to you for putting it out there and for wanting to learn from it.