Weird R27

Spotted this 197/R27 today near the wheat sheaf in sheldon, birmingham

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

It really confused me :? obviously the colour is wrong for a start! i thought it was a Rep at first but having a closer look and getting some pics of it on the snide it had every think of a R27 even brembos and recaro seats but the condition of it was terrible, Royally f***ed alloys, rear diffuser hanging off underneath, the flatted black wing and dodgy side-skirts which leads me to belive its been written off or been in a big accident and been repaired

It must have started out as a black R27, what gives it away is on the rear bumper the decal has black squares in the detail so i take it they must has just masked over that when they resprayed the car to this colour as on mine those squares are LY

The colour was really nice btw looked the business from certain angles!

not sure about that tbh it is a wierd colour aint it,

is it the pic or does the right hand side of the exhaust look a bit dodge pot, ( its deffo a dual exit ), :?:

the whole rear diffuser is mashed underneath looks like its just been screwed back on any old way possibly even a few cable ties under there lol not sure on the exhaust tho didnt look to have a left handside exhaust pipe

withoutabix said:
the whole rear diffuser is mashed underneath looks like its just been screwed back on any old way possibly even a few cable ties under there lol not sure on the exhaust tho didnt look to have a left handside exhaust pipe

well be a clio3 with 197 body parts and interior etc :roll:

i recon its a rep that has since been damaged.

i think the sickers are fake and that the black on them is printed.
because why would you respray a car and mask around some stickers... :?

I quite like that colour, a kind of Gunmetal grey. As for it being an R27, did it have the numbered plaque next to the handbrake?
No plaque, no R27!

i didnt have a chance to look for the plaque in fear of looking like an even bigger pillock lol i got a few funny looks from passers by!

and i now believe its a rep someone on clio sport has done a check on the reg and it come up as a 1.2 :smiley:

theyve gone to alot of trouble and expense.
changing the hubs so they can fit 5 stud wheels... :shock:

Was just going to say that I have never seen a 197 or a R27 for that matter in that colour, and the reg number comes back as the following.

Vehicle: RENAULT CLIO DYNAMIQUE S
Make/Model: TURBO (100)

Seems like a lot of effort considering how much the diffuser, alloys, bumpers and all the interior parts would have cost. Some people just have way to much time and money.

Or has someone had there pride and joy stolen and the parts are now on this heap.

just imagine sitting at the lights , the red goes off and you fly away waiting for them to pull alongside ,never to be seen again .

i hate cars like this . if you want a clio 197 then buy one .fools they are. :shock: :shock: :shock:

They've obviously not got round to doing the suspension yet, as it looks to be sitting about 2 inches higher than mine. :roll:

What a waste of time, money and effort!

If the owner ever sees this he/she will be gutted. We're like the worst detectives they could have. Ah well if it's in brum it's never going to be far from me and my supercharger, not that i'll need it haha

I didnt think the rear arches on a 'normal' Clio were as bulbous as the 197?

Gaz - Silver Vent's were on the 'Lux' 197 and available as Satin Pack on FF IIRC.

Was the petrol cap square? - The 197 has a round cap, where others have square ones.

TBH I feel a bit sorry for the chap.. some people do make replica's because they can't afford the proper ones. I have a friend who has a 1.2 and it looks like a 182, and it looks brilliant. Only reason he did it was because he wasn't arsed about performance, 17 years old and past his test after buying the car and making it look like a 182. Who's to know it's not a 182.. he could just be driving sensibly everywhere.
I stand by some replica's especially ones with this much effort. Top Job IMO.